SOMEONE has to have an answer..

Nic

Reaction score
My wife has a reg cab xl...no power door locks, windows, nothing. I'm converting it to a lariat. Already have power lariat chairs wired up, now I need advise on how to, or what to wire to make the power windows, door locks and mirrors to work. I would assume all factory switches just need a power and a ground as the switch itself does the relay work correct? I'm either going to buy the power window mechanisms and door lock mechanisms themselves and install them in the xl doors or I'm going to look for as set of doors that already has it. Either way, advise on the wiring would help.

79jasper

Reaction score
I would find the crossover harness. Otherwise you're gonna be running a lot of wires back and forth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Nic

Reaction score
Is that what its called? I tried "power window and lock harness" on eBay but no luck. Thanks for the tip.

79jasper

Reaction score
No, but that's what it does, runs from one door into the other. May even go off somewhere else.
Also I believe it's Probably a part of the main dash harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Reaction score
It can be done, but you really should find a donar truck for the harness(its huge) the fuse box, the RKE module behind the radio and you'll need the instrument cluster, if its a 02+. You can get a crewcab harness and just strip out the excess wires not needed(rear doors etc) I did a 06 reg cab and used a crewcab harness. You'll need the cluster because it controls everything.

The harness runs from the fuse box down by the e-brake pedal, splits and goes up into the drivers door, and down the kick panel splits again. One part goes up the door jam pillar to the dome light/brake light, the other part goes accross the floor behind the seats. Then back down the kick panel and up into the passenger door. There are NO breaks in the harness its 1 piece and it has everything in it. Windows, mirrors, turn signals, mirror heat, mirror marker lights, power locks, door speakers, dome lights, 3rd brake light, seat power, seat belt dinger switch etc.

All that being said it should be easier than trying to run individual wires. And you have a factory set up when done with keyless entry and all.

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
Jeremy is pretty well spot on.

If it's a 99-01 you still need a donor harness but also need the GEM module.

02-04 trucks used a VSM and HEC. XL trucks used the HEC without a VSM.

bmiller5

Reaction score
I have an 04 with power locks, power/heated mirrors, power windows, but no key less entry nor key fob. Would I need this same harness to install key less entry and to have a fob work?

Rczarapata

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing the power window and door lock conversion on my 2008 f350 xl as well. Curious as to how far you have come on this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.