Bore scope through injector cup?

MeTo

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to bore scope through an injector cup hole to check for a cross hatch on a cylinder wall with the piston at the bottom of the stroke? I know that hole is small.

gotchadollar

Reaction score
I’ve got the snap on bore scope that will do it, I had to buy the smaller camera attachment for it to work. It has a bottom and side camera to look at the piston and sidewalls.

MeTo

Reaction score
I thought the glow plug was smaller in diameter. I will check that.

Have you actually viewed cylinder walls? If so, is the resolution such that a cross hatch be determined?

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Ive looked through the injector hole. And yes you can see the cross hatches in the cylinder wall.

I thought the glow plug was smaller in diameter. I will check that.

Have you actually viewed cylinder walls? If so, is the resolution such that a cross hatch be determined?

MeTo

Reaction score
Great, I have work to do.

My engine has about 114,000 on it and over the last year, blow by is increasing. I checked the compression and the driver's side is ~360 with the passenger side ~340. My oil pan is weeping a little also.

So, I'm going to pull it as soon as the weather is reasonable here in NE Wisconsin. Hopefully it will be a matter of a rering and a reseal?

Is it possible to pull the engine without removing the radiator support and stuff forward of it? I.e. just the radiator, fan, clutch and all that crap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online