Cat fuel filters

story5253

Reaction score
Does anyone have some insite on adding inline filters. I’m about to purchase a early 2011. I’d rather have to much over kill on filtering the fuel than not enough.

What I’d like to do is add a CAT water separator pre lpfp and a CAT 1 micron post lpfp.

If anyone has done this. Can you reply with a parts list and maybe some pictures. That would be a great deal of help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawker25

Reaction score
looking into doing similar setup. Adding them pretty easy if you have some basic fabrication skills. Hard part is finding the connectors so you dont have to cut up your factory line. Im planning on putting them in before the factory filter setup and mounting to the frame.

Reaction score
I'm working on a setup that uses two baldwin filters, an 11 micron into a four micron, in front of the lpfp. Been waiting on parts mainly. hoping to get it done next weekend if all goes well. I will keep you guys posted.

Kxc

Reaction score
Watch the rating of Baldwin filters you want at least 95% efficiency for the micron rating. Cat filters are definitely superior it’s just harder to find one that fits

hawker25

Reaction score
how are you connecting to the factory fuel lines? I think I found quick connects that work with the factory ones. Just ordered them today after lots of looking. If they work I will post the part number and where I got them from. I am specing my system to use cat filters.

hawker25

Reaction score
Fass sells their male connectors online, and I think I found a female connection online too. Have too try it out here but life has been occupying me lately so this project is taking longer than I thought.
i hope my connectors will be here by wed. May not get chance to work with them until next week though due to work and st patricks day. I bought 1/2 inch connectors. I hope that is the right size. Is that what you think they are? I also decided to go with a single Donaldson P553207 filter that is both a water separator and fuel filter Rated at 3 micron 99% and 95% emulsified water removal. As soon as it and the base get here im going to start working on fabricating a mount

hawker25

Reaction score
So great news. the quick connects work and are correct. The shop must have shipped them out as soon as I ordered cause they showed up today. I unplugged the water separator to test fit. We were right about them being half inch. Depending on what time the filter shows up tomorrow I may be able to hook stuff up and test for leaks. Im taking pictures and writing down part numbers. Im going to put it all into a single post for people as soon as Im finished.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So great news. the quick connects work and are correct. The shop must have shipped them out as soon as I ordered cause they showed up today. I unplugged the water separator to test fit. We were right about them being half inch. Depending on what time the filter shows up tomorrow I may be able to hook stuff up and test for leaks. Im taking pictures and writing down part numbers. Im going to put it all into a single post for people as soon as Im finished.
Sweet!

live life full throttle

story5253

Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear how it works out. Don’t forget pics please.

hawker25

Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear how it works out. Don’t forget pics please.

Little update.
Work and some home life commitments have kept me busy so I haven't made as much progress as Id like. Hope to have this wrapped up by next week. Just waiting on the bracket I designed to come back from the machine shop now. I spent lots of time repositioning and redesigning the location and bracket until I was satisfied with it. I wanted it inside the frame rail and tucked up pretty high. Im taking pics of everything and will have part numbers and where I bought everything as well.

Latest posts

Members online