High pressure or single

3brorce

Reaction score
The truck already has a Barder 73mm low pressure. Throw a 59mm high pressure or scrap the compounds and go s468 single? No plans to add fuel.

sootie

Reaction score
add a larger hp turbo. Frees up about 40hp with no lack of drivability or increase in smoke.

3brorce

Reaction score
add a larger hp turbo. Frees up about 40hp with no lack of drivability or increase in smoke.

No need of a wastegate if do so? Up pipe no longer has egr provision so cannot put a gate there.

sootie

Reaction score
No need of a wastegate if do so? Up pipe no longer has egr provision so cannot put a gate there.
A gate is helpful but not a mandatory requirement. Make sure you run good tunes like gear head though.

3brorce

Reaction score
Which 59mm would you suggest? I would get a Barder but he is no longer building chargers. I see Rudy has one now.

sootie

Reaction score
Which 59mm would you suggest? I would get a Barder but he is no longer building chargers. I see Rudy has one now.
I had great luck with the Rudy's one. Bought it from Midwest

3brorce

Reaction score
I had great luck with the Rudy's one. Bought it from Midwest

Looks like Midwest only sells RCDs chargers now? Unless you are talking a different Midwest.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Have you ran a single? Im honestly not too worried about drivability and this truck barely tows anything ever.
I have been in multiple trucks with singles. Meh was what I came up with. I personally want the truck to respond instantly and be clean while doing so. I couldn't stand having to drive around the turbo.

3brorce

Reaction score
I have been in multiple trucks with singles. Meh was what I came up with. I personally want the truck to respond instantly and be clean while doing so. I couldn't stand having to drive around the turbo.

What for atmo were you running with the 59 hp? Bigger comp side or exhaust side as well?

ckrueg

Reaction score
For stock fuel I just dont see the point of a single. It's no cheaper than modified stock compounds and the power is about the same. Seems like you just loose low end.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3brorce

Reaction score
Main reason I was after a single was to drop drive pressure.

sootie

Reaction score
With a 59/73 that have nothing done turbine wise? No need to gate?
I would max the factory ebp sensor at 72psi all the time until I gated. Who knows what it got to. When I gated it down to 65psi, my overall boost came down from low 50s to 48 psi and the truck made more power. I will say with no gate, stock hp turbo and 72 atmo, the valves floated and there was position contact.