2015 Turbo Installation Questions

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm in the middle of the install and wondering about a few things before I go back and start installing everything. Does anyone know the torque specs for the passenger side exhaust manifold and the turbo torque down specs? Also, I was wondering if anyone has installed the a hot side intercooler pipe? I am wondering about the boots primarily because I cut one on accident and was gonna replace with a black boot where it meets the turbo but idk if it will hold. Any insight will be helpful. My truck is down until I get it all figured out. Thanks again

bdm1981

Reaction score
I didn't really have any torque specs on my instructions when I installed the turbo pedestal. I just went on a cross pattern and tightened a little at a time to get an even pull so I wouldn't mess up the gasket. I have no leaks at all. As far as the specs on the exhaust manifold I wouldn't have a clue. I reuse the factory clamp on my hot side pipe to the turbo. Just a pain to get the clips to release and pull it off. If you have a good boot and a set of good clamps like the factory provides I don't see it being a problem. If I'm wrong someone please chime in...

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
Well on some of the 2015 retro fit kits, you have to replace the passenger exhaust manifold. I had a guy help me figure out the torque specs.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Go to the H&S website and utilize their 64mm turbo install instructions for specs such as torque for Exhaust Manifolds and the pedestal...

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
As a kit but slightly used with no instructions. I have been following your Review and Installation Jon but your SPE kit had different Up Pipes so you didn't have to replace the exhaust manifold.

jcain

Reaction score
correct. but i did have to replace them with the H&S kit. 25lbft for the manifolds and 35lbft for the pedestal

ford rules

Reaction score
What about any of the quick connect coolant fittings and such, anything prone to leaking that would be a good idea to replace?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.