2015 Cobra Head Install ?'s

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
So I am in the middle of putting everything back on and when I mount the cobra head to the turbo and downpipe with it, it is about 5 inches too short from hitting my exhaust pipe. I feel like the old cobra head was longer and also the way they bolt to the trans housing is different. Am I gonna need a new downpipe or what exactly was done to get this to fit. It's the last thing I have to mess with that is difficult and then I'm done. Just need some opinions or help. This is bugging the crap outta me.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The 15 downpipes come apart in 2 pieces so you can.get at the bolts.holding it to the motor, did you put the second piece in?

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
Are you talking about the cobra head to the downpipe or the downpipe itself is 2 pieces. I thought the 2011-14 downpipe worked with the 2015 cobra head.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Sorry, the cobra head to the down pipe, at work i just see it all as downpipe.

Do you have the exhaust pushed too far back after working on it and just need to pull it forward? Whenever ***s get changed, it seems like they are 2-3 inches too short, but after prying everything apart, the exhaust hangers kinda get stuck back and it all needs pried forward.

bdm1981

Reaction score
I ran into the similar problem when installing my turbo. Except mine was the exhaust downpipe was too long. I had the bottom downpipe to far down. Took everything I had to get it to slide over the lip on the upper pipe. Once I did that I did like 6.0tech said. I moved my exhaust back where it was cause I had it slid back on the exhaust hangers and was a little short from the downpipe. Hope you get it lined out.

Latest posts

Members online