My factory sub and amp upgrade

dezert7

Reaction score
Will it only work on 08-12? I have a 07 with power rear window? I don't want a big system just something that sounds good.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Did you like the raamat and their MLV? I've heard a lot of great reviews about their products. The 7.3 is loud and the 1st gen SD interiors seem to be more prone to road noise vs the previous 08 I had.

And, you wouldn't happen to know the cuft of the box would you?
It seems like a nice way to save space but have some lows vs doing a custom box for the back or under the seat.

The MLV? It's been so long since I ordered that stuff I don't remember what all they had... I ordered the BXT, and the ensolite and peel and stick ensolite. The thing I like about raam mat is their stuff is super simple. They have the vibration dampener and sound barrier. It makes sense to me.

But, I LOVE it. My truck is so much quieter inside now because of that stuff. It's wild how well it works. I need to finish my truck as well... Need to do the ceiling and under the front seats, floor and firewall.

Will it only work on 08-12? I have a 07 with power rear window? I don't want a big system just something that sounds good.

I'd bet the box would fit, you'd just need a way to secure it to the floor.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
The ensolite is MLV IIRC. I remember reading a bunch on his products and plenty of forum threads but nothing in the diesel community. He mentioned in a post in a car audio forum, he sells those two products as it fits the need of a majority of the population. Simple and easy.
I'd like to grab some and use the BXT and ensolite all over. Cover the door openings w/ the BXT and then ensolite and from what I've read doing the doors is pretty damn magical, rainbows and leprechans type of sh$t!! LOL

If you've had good luck w/ just that small area it's convinced me it's the way to go to quite this beast down.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Awesome, I'll have to order some up when I get a chance. I'd be nice to have things be quite. When I want to hear loud and obnoxious I'll get a BB w/ a cam, I need this to be both our grocery getter and vacation wagon.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Ik, Ik, bumping a 3 year old thread but I have a simple, stupid question and this is the newest, closest thread I could find.

I see 7 wires on the plug going into the factory amp in my 08. Does that amp power the factory speakers or just the sub? I think I have the audiophile package or whatever they called it, with tweeters in the sail panels.

If that amp/plug is just for the sub I assume I can get an loc and hook up the signal wires to put a small amp and 2 subs in a new box. I really don't want to power the factory speakers off the new amp.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Nvm I'm an idiot. I can probably answer most of my question by unplugging that plug and seeing what happens.
I'll check next time I go out to my truck.

Latest posts

Members online