6.4 Powerstroke, which Torque Converter and why?

300000 and counting

Reaction score
Like the title say which TQ and why?

I’m in need of a new TQ and don’t know which to go with, my truck is currently at 800hp and I have a DPC triple disk TQ which is about to crap out. Rudy’s website say the DPC triple disk is good for 750hp but DPC day it good for over 1000. So do I replace my current DPC triple disk with another, step up to a quad disk or go with a precision TQ?

sootie

Reaction score
I loved my precision at mid 700s and it didnt miss a beat. Haven't run any other brand so cant really compare...

I find it hard to believe you need a quad disc at 800hp when there are multiple people over 1k on triple disc units.

What symptoms are you seeing that make you think you need a new TC?

sootie

Reaction score
interesting. Have you scanned for transmission codes or monitored anything with FORScan or the like?

I wonder what would happen if you replaced the TCC solenoid...

Lipka101

Reaction score

I had this problem after I built my trans. I had a freshly rebuilt RCD converter. Reman solenoid body. No codes. I swapped the TCC solenoid with no difference, I swapped the entire solenoid body with solenoids from a used trans I had and it took care of it.

I called precision asking if it could be the converter and they said it would be a very small chance so I started looking elsewhere. It would suck to drop the trans and install a new converter only to have it continue doing it. I would definitely try a new tcc solenoid first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online