6.4 Gone. 2017 6.7 F350 Platinum In.

Black AOD

Reaction score
If it actually happens...........:bs:lol

Lol I have no desire to spend the money on compounds right now and the idea of building a motor after my last truck haunts me.

Compounds on a stock motor is possible but you'd have to tune some torque of the low end and keep the RPMs down otherwise the crank/cam gears spinning can become an issue.

So that's why I'm saying if it ever happens. A Small mid sized single Non VGT Ball Bearing Charger like a Precision would go well with this setup too and still run really really well but then I lose my exhaust brake.

My current little setup of a 63 VGT and a 10mm runs so good, half the time I tell myself just leave it be.

sootie

Reaction score
Lol I have no desire to spend the money on compounds right now and the idea of building a motor after my last truck haunts me.

Compounds on a stock motor is possible but you'd have to tune some torque of the low end and keep the RPMs down otherwise the crank/cam gears spinning can become an issue.

So that's why I'm saying if it ever happens. A Small mid sized single Non VGT Ball Bearing Charger like a Precision would go well with this setup too and still run really really well but then I lose my exhaust brake.

My current little setup of a 63 VGT and a 10mm runs so good, half the time I tell myself just leave it be.

Good boi.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Truck is at 65,000 miles now. 2.5 years of owning it. Have been dleeted almost 30,000 miles and I've had the workstock VGT turbo and 10mm on the truck for almost 10,000 miles now. 8k on the built trans. Still running like a top. No power train or mechanical issues at all since my trans got rebuilt.

Only issue is Im suspect that my steering is starting to give out again. It went out at 30k mileage originally and I had to replace my tie rod and drag link assemblies and ends.

If it does go out again soon, I'm buying everything PMF and junking the OEM FoMoCo parts.

20200106-080903.jpg

20200106-141813-resized-1.jpg

20200106-141927-resized.jpg

20200106-141950-resized-1.jpg

20200131-092346-resized-1.jpg

20200410-144137-resized-1.jpg

20200415-084156.jpg

Last edited:

alewis

Reaction score
Looks nice! How are you liking the bypass oil filter and trans cooler (I just did the trans cooler and it was quite an easy install especially with the detailed instructions but don’t have any towing time with it)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Looks nice! How are you liking the bypass oil filter and trans cooler (I just did the trans cooler and it was quite an easy install especially with the detailed instructions but don’t have any towing time with it)?

So far so good. I'll be changing my oil at 10k mileage for the first time to have an analysis done to see how it's doing.

The trans cooler in my opinion probably really wasn't the best idea for my truck because of how winter is here and how cold it gets. The trans almost gets too cool in the winter because that cooler is so efficient, I had to block mine off to get temps back up to where I was happy with it. I have yet to tow anything over 10k yet with the cooler on, I should get to this summer if we ever come off this COVID-19 BS.

Full disclosure it works very very well but I personally think its probably only needed for trucks that tow constantly year round and tow consistently heavy. I tow an average of 12-20k lb loads and only during the summers, I tow minimally if hardly at all during the winter. Mostly just heavy stuff put in the bed that weighs no more than 5k.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Looks great!!!!

Thanks man. I am really enjoying this truck. It's nice to have a truck that I just hop in and go and don't have to worry about anything and it still drives so nicely. Couldn't do that in my old 6.4 lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
Update.

Truck got a new Valve Body from WDI which cured my 2-3 shift issue. Did a FASS 140gph LP system as well. New PMF steering linkage since my OEM steering went out again for the 2nd time inside 65k mileage. Did the PMF track bar, tie rod and drag link and all new heim joint ends. Installed some PMF rear drop shackles as well to drop the rear end 3/4" to help level the rear to the front better.

Truck runs and drives amazing. Steering is on point and now I can enjoy the truck and leave it alone.

cd5aee08b691db7aa80fc66cfc706001.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
please dont leave it alone until you have all the centercaps on...

Strokersace

Reaction score
Well. My headlights are finally in and the color scheme of the truck is complete. I think it turned out pretty well.

All I have left in the near future is to add a rear Hellwig sway bar & OUO 3-Link ALAs in the front. I have a fabricated piping kit going on next week for a VGT setup.

Some kind of drop in modified VGT is in the works for this truck eventually, a fleece or taterbilt or KC or midwest unit, unsure of which yet. Possibly a 10mm exergy pump but that's 50/50

46a4e359ff798a7f55195a51887932e1.jpg

58ff1731e51c88b2f7784dbda99f6439.jpg

d12e821c0614d15a53cd03757abe9382.jpg

99680520daece7a7b5e7c9b8d7bfb47d.jpg

6234e28564fcb6d024220a28ef62fcc1.jpg

aa3e35860966bdd41506080361a4ea33.jpg

be153420c509c4b0a42f198a3dfa5ad2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It’s only been a year since you installed the headlights. How is the output? Glad you went this route verses a custom retrofit in stock housings?

harrelljr99

Reaction score
please dont leave it alone until you have all the centercaps on...

I think we all know (Andrew included) he won’t “leave it alone” “this about it”
c’mon Andrew your an addict the first step is admitting you have a problem

My bet is next up combo setup!

Black AOD

Reaction score
It’s only been a year since you installed the headlights. How is the output? Glad you went this route verses a custom retrofit in stock housings?

No issues at all. Bright as hell, cutoff line is clean.

No complaints from me. I get a lot of ?s and compliments on them since they're so different from most 17-19 trucks that folks are used to seeing.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I think we all know (Andrew included) he won’t “leave it alone” “this about it”
c’mon Andrew your an addict the first step is admitting you have a problem

My bet is next up combo setup!

Drug problem or truck problem? You didn't clarify

harrelljr99

Reaction score
Was there an issue with the valve body on the new trans you bought from them or is this a different valve body altogether?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Was there an issue with the valve body on the new trans you bought from them or is this a different valve body altogether?

The VB that came in the trans when it got rebuilt was modded by WDI but I think it had a solenoid issue because my 2-3 shift had a mind of its own. It never shifted right upon startup then after a while it figured itself out then as soon as I shut the truck off and then got back in and started it up, same issue with 2-3 shift then after a while it would relearn but it wouldn't stay learned. It was weird.

New VB under warranty from WDI fixed the issue, G2G now.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed massive MPG gains by switching from the factory LP fuel system to a FASS or an Airdog? My FASS 140gph went on and I just filled up full for the first time on the FASS setup and If im reading this right and doing my calcs right, my average MPG increased 4-5 MPG.

Thats unheard of in my experience

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.