Supercharged 7.3

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats awesome. Thats exactly how my "economy" tune is. I tried to make a video just for you but my phone won't pick it up. The economy tune you cant hear the timing at all through video. The stock, daily,and sledpull tunes its so raucous it sounds like metal on video. Neither sound close so i just scrapped it.

superpsd

Reaction score
So I had currently stripped down a project I had going. I have a Dana 80HD thats a ready axle has disk brakes, all painted up etc... I would have to throw a gear set in it as I would have to check but I think it is 4.88 or something like that. I also have a pile of Alcoa 19.5s and some adapters that had the 19.5s bolted to GM hubs. Not sure if the adapters will work. I kind of want to put some Alcoa singles on the rear and the Alcoa classic dually wheels on the front. Change the look. An idea I'm kicking around. Also will wrap the Alcoa in some M/Ts

superpsd

Reaction score
Still going. Still my daily rig. I had been just tuning it in. Every week it seems I am making small changes in the tune to limit smoke on the street and improve drivability further. I had a non pressure rated boot between the blower and turbo blowout. For a few days that I drove it waiting on 4 ply silicon elbows I found out how much smokier it is under heavy throttle. With the blower it's damn near smokeless. With the blown coupler so I was just relying on the turbo it was smoky. I drove a few hours to buy a pair of old steam engines and entering the on ramps with your foot down it would leave a smokey trail.

Still need to upgrade the fuel system and shocks. I did switch to LE oil and it's running great and Redline MTL to quiet the old ZF5. I am told the new 2.65L TVS blower will be out by the end of year.

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
I drive this truck all the time. To update where I was at I have not done much lately as of changes. Years back I put a single SD fuel pump on it. I have done some towing with it. Picture below was about a 13K load. The 369 kept it cool up a few small hills. I also put the SD dual pulley belt tensioner on along with a SD water pump pulley and slightly reinforced the custom alternator bracket. I still need to build a more robust and cleaner looking alternator bracket someday. Thats the heaviest I will tow with this truck as I am shoping for a F450 to become my dedicated tow rig.
DSC_1847_zpsz5gcbkk3.jpg

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I drive this truck all the time. To update where I was at I have not done much lately as of changes. Years back I put a single SD fuel pump on it. I have done some towing with it. Picture below was about a 13K load. The 369 kept it cool up a few small hills. I also put the SD dual pulley belt tensioner on along with a SD water pump pulley and slightly reinforced the custom alternator bracket. I still need to build a more robust and cleaner looking alternator bracket someday. Thats the heaviest I will tow with this truck as I am shoping for a F450 to become my dedicated tow rig.
DSC_1847_zpsz5gcbkk3.jpg
Sweet. Whats that blue thing with the obs rims on it?

live life full throttle

superpsd

Reaction score
Thats a 1948 GMC with a 453T detroit diesel. Has a 4 speed gm transmission with a 3 speed auxiliary watson transmission. Had it for years. Have been trying to get it running again as it had sat a few years. If I had all the time and money I want to drop a powerstroke in it someday. Either a 7.3 or 6.7. Maybe someday. Those are not obs wheels they are some other aftermarket wheel. Not sure what brand as I bought the truck like that.
IMAG0157.jpg

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thats a 1948 GMC with a 453T detroit diesel. Has a 4 speed gm transmission with a 3 speed auxiliary watson transmission. Had it for years. Have been trying to get it running again as it had sat a few years. If I had all the time and money I want to drop a powerstroke in it someday. Either a 7.3 or 6.7. Maybe someday. Those are not obs wheels they are some other aftermarket wheel. Not sure what brand as I bought the truck like that.
IMAG0157.jpg
Right on! That is pretty cool!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online