Ccv

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
Are y’all running it to the exhaust or to a catch can I am on the fence on ether way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
I ran a CCV on my 6.0 for about 3k miles worst thing I ever did.. never had a drop of oil on the ground. Then did the reroute and boom oil leaks everywhere.. put it back stock and fixed the O-rings/gaskets that we’re leaking and not a drop again. Believe that the CCV can’t get rid of the crankcase pressure like it can when it’s being pulled back into the intake

alewis

Reaction score
I run the absolute performance Ccv kit to atmosphere - no oil drips and no leaks.
I had the spe ccv kit and oil was everywhere is you even remotely ran it hard or towed.

Martin #6

Reaction score
I run the absolute performance Ccv kit to atmosphere - no oil drips and no leaks.
I had the spe ccv kit and oil was everywhere is you even remotely ran it hard or towed.

Weren't you originally experiencing the same results - no oil drips and no leaks - with the SPE kit?
What's the difference between the two kits to give different results? Is it because the Absolute Performance kit has a self servicing catch can canister assembly, with a integrated baffling chamber?

alewis

Reaction score
That’s correct... I didn’t get drops from the spe kit for the first 1500-2k miles. Then I had a trip through the mountains and some gooseneck towing that made the truck work harder and drips were all over my parking spot from then on.
So far, still no drips with the absolute kit and I’ve pulled a few heavy loads with it as well.

tomlin

Reaction score
The CCV mod is a terrible idea on any vehicle. On a closed system you are simply burning the blowby oil mist. That's it. A diesel is an oil burner by it nature. Plus you get the added benefit of not smelling the noxious stinky fumes. On an open system you increase your chances of something getting blocked, either by insects, critters, ice, damage from road debris. Seen all the above on stationary generators that vent to the atmosphere. This is one of the reason Caterpillar is now offering CCV kits on its new generators. End of day this is a step backwards. It's similar to saying a draft tube on a 283 Chevy is better than a PCV system. It's not. Your asking for excess crankcase pressure and leaks.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Except it goes into the intercooler and collects in there, mixes with poorly filtered air and laps your valves to a razor finish until they leak. I don’t feel it should be run down to the frame rail like a lot I guys have it including myself but a catch can on the firewall with short hoses might be a better option if there is enough room.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Ccv hose down to a catch can, then go a Venturi in the exhaust and done. Simple, effective, no oil on the drive way, fumes are gone through the ex, and you keep the oily mist and crap out of your intake tract. I don’t see insects and ice or blockages ever being an issue here.

Reaction score
On my Lightning I ran a catch can inline before it dumped back into the intake side. Had to empty catch can periodically but the intercooler was spotless when supercharger was pulled after 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SDER1

Reaction score
Contemplating still which vendor to purchase (SPE, ADS, etc). My 6.0 had oily IC boots and residual oil in turbo (whenever filter tubing was removed). Did a CCV reroute and dumped by rear axle with heater hose - no drips, no engine block leaks, and dry IC boots for 9+ yrs until sold.

alewis

Reaction score
Well if you do a SPE kit, I’ll sell it to you cheap because that thing dropped oil like crazy for me!

SDER1

Reaction score
alewis ... Thanks for the insight, i've heard the same on other forums ref SPE. ADS - unknown quality seems comparable to other known named vendors with addition of a baffle (maybe minimize dripping).

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ccv hose down to a catch can, then go a Venturi in the exhaust and done. Simple, effective, no oil on the drive way, fumes are gone through the ex, and you keep the oily mist and crap out of your intake tract. I don’t see insects and ice or blockages ever being an issue here.

:whs:

Sixfoh

Reaction score
I dont see why you couldnt go to catch can and then back to the intake? I always worry with an exhaust if the venturi isnt placed perfectly it could backfire. I prefer the suction factor of the intake guaranteed to pull on the ccv system. Where hooked into the exhaust could potentially not have the same pull effect and pressurize the bottom end. Maybe someone with a fluid dynamics education could chime in?

ncollins64

Reaction score
I dont see why you couldnt go to catch can and then back to the intake? I always worry with an exhaust if the venturi isnt placed perfectly it could backfire. I prefer the suction factor of the intake guaranteed to pull on the ccv system. Where hooked into the exhaust could potentially not have the same pull effect and pressurize the bottom end. Maybe someone with a fluid dynamics education could chime in?
If you get the correct Venturi, hence the no limit fab piece and install it per instructions you will never have issues. Out of the hundreds sold idk of one complaint unless it was installed wrong. Just FYI, Mike with NL will not bring something to market just to make a quick dollar without it being tested fully with results. Just my .02, I don’t care what anyone does but I do know what I’ll sale and install for customers as well as my personal trucks.

Latest posts

Members online