6.0 swaps how have they worked out for you?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
looking to put a 6.0 frame, axles engine and trans with a 76 body on the frame. My question is do you need the dash to make it run? and how much other junk had to go along with it?

Looking to hopefully run the engine/radiator/cac/ ect in the 76

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I don't believe you need the dash.

Sounds like a really cool project. I want to swap a 6.0 into something

Dzchey21

Reaction score
LOL

I talked to wayne and some others on facebook the other night and there seems to be plenty of ways to skin this cat.

Wayne suggested cutting the floor out of both trucks and welding in the floor from the 6.0 into the 76, that way when i put the cab on the frame the cab mounts do not have to be changed and the master cylinder, pedal, transmission tunnel, ect all bolt up in the factory type location. My only reserve about this is the positioning of the cab on the frame in relation to how the front tires will line up with the fenders. but i think with some measuring it will be ok, Also the factory 76 dash might not fit the same but i am not sure

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I would review markfuga's swap of the 7.3 into the old dump truck. He spent a lot of time making new and abbreviating harnesses, making it a very sano installation into an old truck. The 6.0 would go in the same way.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38159

Thanks for the link to that, pretty damn nice project and much nicer than i plan on doing with my swap. Kinda interesting on how some things worked out.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
didnt Wayne do something along these lines?

yes he did, his was a little different then what i thought.

He started off with a regular cab, didnt like how small it was and essentially stretched a crew cab and installed superduty interior.

Latest posts

Members online