1978 Crew Cab F250 4X4, 7.3 POWERSTROKE Conversion

1killerz

Reaction score
Wow so I just read thru this build and realized that's my old ford you originally bought from me in forks. Miss that truck so much and awesome build so far.

You guys were awesome in helping me loading it that night. Me and my son were super exhausted, and you made it very simple to get it on so we could get back on the road.

1killerz

Reaction score
I can give you some history on the crew cab truck, it was originally bought in forks as a crew bus for a logging company, it made its way thru a few companies. I'm fairly certain the body is NOT original, I was told at some point it was changed. The guys dad I bought it from swapped body's and put the body lift on it. I think the truck was a 4speed truck at one time, it had some brackets n pieces left and someone put a c6 and floor shifter which I later removed and put a tilt column and shifter. The lift, suspension and rear bumper were all on the truck when I purchased it. Had some repaired floor boards which looks like they used fiberglass?? And somebody had covered it with bed liner. My foot went thru the drivers side floor and I had to make due with the sheet of metal to cover. The doors and front clip and fenders have been changed a few times from being wrecked a couple times. I know it got stuck off road before I bought it and they bent the front pretty good and I totalled a Toyota truck with it as well. Truck has had many miles and fun times. Been repaired many times some repairs not so great but it always got me down the road. Really miss the truck and wish I'd still had it. Good to see someone taking care of it and rebuilding.

If you wanna know more or anything else about it I can find out or probably know. I still know and talk with the guy I bought it from.

I appreciate the info most certainly. Its a slow process, but I am making some headway at least. More to come once I get this wiring harness sorted out.

1killerz

Reaction score
SOLD!

Not the truck, the seats. LoL. So without hacking the floor up and creating a super sexy one off floor, the correct way to keep this build budget friendly was to bid adieu to the King Ranch dreams and focus on what is now affectionately titled "hell's spider web" and figure out the seating at a later date.

So, the seats were sold, and I am now officially entangled in the web of wires working to make this happen properly...

Ford460power

Reaction score
photo2.jpg

sixxersnow1.jpg

crew.jpg

Here's a few pictures during the time I had it. I can dig up some more later.

1killerz

Reaction score
pics

And thanks for those pictures. If you find more, please feel free to post them. Talk about some motivation to get a project done. These pictures sure have done it.

1killerz

Reaction score
update

In the middle of doing non-sexy, update worthy stuff such as taking dash apart, matching up wires, splicing and dicing miles of spaghetti, trying to figure out heater controls, etc.

Once the dash and internal wiring harness is situated, I will be posting pictures and updates on the build.

Building another AR and coaching my kids team had slowed me down this fall. Back into full swing of things within the past week.

1killerz

Reaction score
non sexy stuff

Finally got the dash apart and opened to reveal nothing sexy at all.

In contrast though, amazing the lack of wiring in the wiring harness in the 1978. Removal will be easy, clean up will be nasty, but really I feel I am on the last hurdle of this project.

But, while I am in here (the dash), I will be replacing the blower motor just in case. You guys have any other suggestions on things to replace/make better under the dash of a 1978 f250 while I am in here?

Pictures coming. But be warned, nothing really exciting to see...

On a side note, the dash has been off before, that much I can tell.

Latest posts

Members online