Propain injected stacks (flame thrower stacks) need info

Clem1226

Reaction score
triple nickle FTW

StunGun.gif

no need for coils with this setup, all parts available at Radio Shack...(at least they used to be).

Last edited:

cowboy_dan

Reaction score

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So no 558?

I still think the easiest way to get the spark plug to, uhm, well, spark, is to use a single 555 timer, a transistor, a capacitor, and 5 resistors, like this:
diagram.jpg

As is shown & explained a little bit here: http://www.capturedlightning.org/hot-streamer/kv2/kv2/hv/icoil/index.htm

I know for a fact that those hurt.
Prolonged exposure may cause loss of bladder control. Don't ask.

No 558 - sorry. LOL

I'm right there with ya with the circuit you posted and I eluded to way back 50 some posts ago.

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
i have no clue wtf is going on.. this line goes to that circle then that line goes to the square.. so confused..

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
i have no clue wtf is going on.. this line goes to that circle then that line goes to the square.. so confused..

The 555 is a little chip.
The squiggly lines are resistors.
The one set of parallel lines is a capacitor.
The circle with three lines going to it is a transistor.
The big circle with a + and a - symbol is an ignition coil.
The set of parallel lines in decreasing size is ground (negative).
The numbers next to eachof the parts is the value (size) of that part. So 100k is a 100,000 Ohm variable resistor (the arrow pointing to the squiggly line tells us it is a variable resistor), and 100 means it is a 10 Ohm resistor.
The number next to the transistor is the generic part number.
The numbers next to the outline of the 555 are the pin numbers.
The capacitor is a 0.1, which usually means units of uF (micro Farad). So this capacitor is a 0.000001 Farad. But not to worry, it's normal in electronic circuits for them to be that small. RadioShack sells them.

That whole circuit (except the ignition coil) will fit on a small circuit board from RadioShack. I've built a couple exactly like it, and the work very well.

Last edited:

AKHILF

Reaction score
man its complicated just to get some flames out of stacks! Electronics go right over my head besides car audio and even some of that does. Good luck man.