Map sensor

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
This does not surprise me. My map sensor went last month. It did not through a check engine light, just a code. But now I know why my boost is down and the truck just is not running as hard as it did.
I just about fell over when I found out that this sensor is $150 +.
After talking to a local shop he said, why don't you try a sensor for a 6.0 instead. they are about 1/2 the cost and will take a lot more boost. So he sold me a sensor and I bought a pig tail from ford. All I got to do is to wire it in.

So with all that said here is my question.
Has any one done this. And will this 6.0 sensor hold up better to higher boost then the 7.3 map sensor. I am going to wire it in this week.
Only time will tell.

GearHeadSales

Reaction score
Matt runs one on his 01. Cleaner when you stab the throttle but I think he mentioned they are a little harder to dial in.

JD3020

Reaction score
I'm interested in this! My MAP sensor reads -0.7-1.2 psi at idle, and when the boost gauge reads 5psi MAP is sitting at 2. It does not follow actual boost at all anymore. But they are so damn expensive i can't afford to replace it when its still functioning partially.

TARM

Reaction score
Matt has run one and sold them to a number of guys. I need to swap my out but have not done it yet. It allows for a bit better resolution as well than the stock sensor as you can see the fields at higher boost levels for fuel fueling......or something to that effect.

Stroker#66

Reaction score
I've got a boost fooler in line to my map. So it will only see a max of 22psi besides 55psi. It also solved my cut out problem on the high end

TARM

Reaction score
Some tuners do not know how to tune for the map sensor and you need to then use boost foolers. With Matts tunes as well as one or two others this is not needed. But the 6.0 MAP is still a worthwhile upgrade IMO. Matt can speak to it from a more technical perspective. I know a number of the Duramax guys also do this as that was were I first learned about it. I had found some that would do 50 or 100 psi for max resolution with being able to handle psi up to 250 without damage.

skew12

Reaction score
I'll keep this in mind. I've been wanting to try Matt's tunes anyway.

TARM

Reaction score
Give him and call and see what ya think. Tell him your goals and present setup.

TARM

Reaction score
The OBS guys always get me as I forget they tend to post in this section as well.

Chrisf97305

Reaction score
OK
This may of been a good idea but the computer did not like it. set off a check engine light as soon as I turned on the key.
So this is a no go.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Can't do it on an obs since it is frequency based instead of voltage like the superduty.

Latest posts

Members online