smoke after injector install

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Put 250/80s drove it about 50 miles and got all yhe air out of the system. At quick acceleration it hazes blueish white smoke. The truck sat without injectors for a couple of days between the swap. I don't know if this is just oil residue burning off or what it could be. Any input is appreciated. Coolant and oil level haven't moved.

stroker2

Reaction score
Oil in the exhaust from the injector swap. When the EGT's get hot the oil burns/smokes out the exhaust. Drive it more and it will be gone fairly quickly. I forget how long it took mine to quit that. Not very long though

TARM

Reaction score
Its normal IMO to be a bit paranoid on your first performance injector swap as you just not sure what to expect. I know I did back when I did my first swap.

As said its likely oil in the exhaust. Give it a tank and fuel and see how things are.

I started using my Compressor vacuum tool to suck all the oil out of the oil rails before pulling them as this greatly reduces the oil that flows into the cylinder when you pull them.

TARM

Reaction score
Mine sat for a month or two so I had a bit as well even with sucking most of it out.

Did you crank the engine over with the GP outs to purge the cylinders before firing it up? Its always a good idea.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Yead that a few times to make sure it was all out. It cleared up a lot I just still get a haze. Other than that the tune is clean

TARM

Reaction score
Whos tunes are they? It may just need a tweak of the fueling to get it cleaned up better.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Matts. I'm going to try to run it for a week to see what happends. I still haven't ran on anything higher than my tow setting but it feels great.

TARM

Reaction score
See how it goes. Matt hates smoke especially with his 80% nozzle tunes. Might want to confirm you have zero boost or exhaust side leaks. I could not believe how easy it was to have a leak even with t bolts all cranked tight but damn if sometimes the way its clocked and situated can make a difference. Those tiny leaks add up.

There is one guy on here that has a innovative way of pressure testing the whole system boost and drive side together. Higher pressure than the 10-15 psi you see most testing to. IIRC 45 psi is what he has been able to. Maybe he will explain it.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Yeah i looked everything over for a boost leak. My 180/100 had more smoke than these. I think its just oil and im paranoid. This has boost instantly when I touch the pedal. I've also been fighting a gem issue.

neverkickn

Reaction score
See how it goes. Matt hates smoke especially with his 80% nozzle tunes. Might want to confirm you have zero boost or exhaust side leaks. I could not believe how easy it was to have a leak even with t bolts all cranked tight but damn if sometimes the way its clocked and situated can make a difference. Those tiny leaks add up.

There is one guy on here that has a innovative way of pressure testing the whole system boost and drive side together. Higher pressure than the 10-15 psi you see most testing to. IIRC 45 psi is what he has been able to. Maybe he will explain it.

Interested in the drive side pressure check. Who is it?

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Smoke cleared up today. Runs clean.

I like them. Still havent gone past the tow setting. They pull like crazy on that even, and i would like my pmrs to last longer than a week. Junkie ill have your cores this week and will send them to you asap.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Tarm im kinda curious as to this test also

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bigwheel

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how this guys does it. I know I have some and it would be nice to have a better way.

TARM

Reaction score
Let see if he see this and wants to post something up. I will let him know as I do not want to post it up and get it wrong or without his approval. Best to get it from the source.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Understandable and respectful.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online