6.0 FICM repair help

bismic

Reaction score
Ok guys. I bit the bullet and sent mine out to get repaired at FICM repair. Got the one with the lifetime warranty. Also upgrading the alternator and wiring. Haven't gotten it back yet. Did talk to them yesterday and they said there were problems on both sides. Whatever the issue was on the logic side they repaired. Will try and get more info and update later.

Glad you are getting it resolved. Ed is very thorough and offers services others don't - which I have found to result in a high degree of reliability. If there ever are any issues, he is honest and will give you his time to resolve.

I'm not really sure what you're even trying to prove. The only thing said was that logic board failures don't seem to happen anywhere near as frequent as power board. Something even you agreed with a few posts back, and something Ed certainly hasn't disagreed with either. We all seem very well aware that logic boards can and do fail, but power boards seem to fail more often.

What is Ed going to do for the logic board if it is bad? Can he repair them? Does he just replace them? How does his repair work hold up to something like a bulletproof diesel FICM?

IMO - statements that logic board problems rarely happen MIGHT cause people to mis-diagnose or buy power boards when the issues run deeper. I also doubt that most repair places actually even test both sides. Fortunately the OP in this thread didn't just buy a power board. I believe that this discussion saved him some headaches and $'s. This is my only point.

I have no experience with the FICM BPD offers (although I have several of their products and they are great!). Someone else will have to answer that.

Last edited:

skevac

Reaction score
Glad you are getting it resolved. Ed is very thorough and offers services others don't - which I have found to result in a high degree of reliability. If there ever are any issues, he is honest and will give you his time to resolve.

IMO - statements that logic board problems rarely happen MIGHT cause people to mis-diagnose or buy power boards when the issues run deeper. I also doubt that most repair places actually even test both sides. Fortunately the OP in this thread didn't just buy a power board. I believe that this discussion saved him some headaches and $'s. This is my only point.

I have no experience with the FICM BPD offers (although I have several of their products and they are great!). Someone else will have to answer that.

Most everyone you talk to said it's most likely the power side. I was initially going to buy the Dorman power board and hope this fixed it. After reading some of this, calling FICM repair and thinking it over I wasn't willing to gamble on spending over $100 not being guaranteed it would fix my problem. With my luck I would have spent the money on the new power board and still had to send it out and get it fixed (which in hind site would have actually happened). Not happy to have to spend over a grand to fix it all and upgrade the charging system (factory alternator isn't big enough aka takes out the FICM) but, as I said earlier I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon and $1000 wouldn't even make the first payment on a new $70000 truck or SUV. So, all in all not so bad. Thanks to all the people who take the time to try and help guy like myself out when we have questions that we need answered. I know sometimes the question may have been answered a thousand times already but, some of us don't always have the time to sift through hundreds of threads to find the answer.

sootie

Reaction score
not sure if you did already or not but we always upsize the alternators in our six ohs as it helps everything be happy.

skevac

Reaction score
I did upgrade the alternator & wiring along with the FICM. I've had some other unforeseen projects come up so, I don't have any of it installed yet. Hopefully this weekend.

Powderhound

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a market, but I've got a 7 pin FICM I pulled out with power issues. Just sitting around if someone need it as a core or to repair.
Shoot/ PM me an offer if interested.

Latest posts

Members online