full motor build , what all can / should I do

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
just figured I would mention a source , credible or not .

a good friend of mine up here has FR on his 7.3 he went that was as opposed to an o ring . block and head , hes been dailying and racing . been one year with no issues yet. his last number was 918wheel but hes got more air now.

anybody know of anyone 700+ wheel with a 6.0l that has either o rings or fire rings done?

sootie

Reaction score
Jesse warren (JWarren), Jaran Holder (HOLDERDOWN), Charlie Keeter (6Lchevy-eater)

They all make waaaay more power than that...maybe check and see what they are running.

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
Jesse warren (JWarren), Jaran Holder (HOLDERDOWN), Charlie Keeter (6Lchevy-eater)

They all make waaaay more power than that...maybe check and see what they are running.

yep those are the 6.0 big boys . I just figured that people like us wouldn't be privy to their build info .

sootie

Reaction score
yep those are the 6.0 big boys . I just figured that people like us wouldn't be privy to their build info .

They're human and they're on this board...poke around a bit and you will see bits and pieces of their stuff. Or shoot them a pm with questions?

shmoozer

Reaction score
From what I remember reading here and there. Most of those guys are running a multiple o ring setup. I don't believe any of them have fire rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Charlie with KC Turbos had fire ringed one of his motors, head only. He had a fire ring or two break, i dont remember the mileage, and it trashed the cylinder when it did it.

Mine are o ringed, for whatever thats worth. I blew the head gaskets with the standard arps. Tried getting the heads o ringed, nobody around me did it. So i bought the big boy arps, 6 months later heads cracked and started putting fuel in the coolant. New set of heads got o ringed, as the shop i buy all my chit from started o ringing by then. In my opinion, o rings are cheap insurance without the hassles of retorques all the time to hopefully keep the ring together.

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
Fair enough, fire rings seem like playing with fire .. ironically . Guess I'll go with o rings .

Now another question I have .. I'm going .010 over , require new pistons . Anybody have any insight on which brand piston to do? Delip the bowls? I shouldn't need flycuts as I'm only going with a colt atage 2

sootie

Reaction score
Get fly cuts anyway...Speaking from experience....

No need to delip imo. Just makes for worse cold starts and more haze.

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
figured I would post an update ;

ended up going with waglers , colt stage 2, found a good set of heads that are getting o ringed as I type this out , blocks / line bored .010 over , manton pushrods , stiffer valvesprings , .030 flycut pistons , BD ported exhaust manifolds , o dawg intake mani , RCD oil filter relocate , no limit CAI , I know theres more I am forgetting . should be ready in the next week ish. hardest decision of this build so far is what colour to powdercoat ... LOL

emev0l

Reaction score

You would be surprised at how down to earth all these guys are.

Jesse has 2 o-rings cut into his block and 2 cut into his heads

We have an 800+ 6.0 with compounds that has 1 o-ring on the block and 1 o-ring on the heads with ARP 625's