Replacing fuel system

Blueford

Reaction score
I got a 2012 f250 filled up at the pump drive less than 5 miles truck shut off. Wouldn't start back up water in fuel now my entire fuel system has to be replaced. My question is should I go back all stock or is there better aftermarket parts I should consider.

gilgamesh

Reaction score
I got a 2012 f250 filled up at the pump drive less than 5 miles truck shut off. Wouldn't start back up water in fuel now my entire fuel system has to be replaced. My question is should I go back all stock or is there better aftermarket parts I should consider.

May be a long shot but, I'd at least try to get the station with the bad fuel to foot the bill.. Looks like it's not unheard of and you clearly know where the crappy fuel came from.
http://abc13.com/automotive/bad-diesel-leaves-customers-with-expensive-repairs/666691/

What parts need to be replaced? You could go with a stroked out pump which would support more fueling if upgrades are in your future.

Blueford

Reaction score
It's got the p2291 code and fuel is full of water mechanic thinks pump probly shot metal through everything so injectors pump whole nine yards. He sent fuel sample off today to get tested gas station told me it's not there fault they test there diesel daily and there is 100 percent no way that there fuel has any water in it

Blueford

Reaction score
If I upgrade it will be mild nothing serious and what is the best thing to add to fuel system to makes sure it don't happen agan

Buck1

Reaction score
Do an airdog/fass pushing to stock stuff. Adds another water separator.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Blueford

Reaction score
Thanks and if anyone has any ideas or experience with this situation and what I should do to help get the gas station or insurance to help me pay for it let me know thank you

gilgamesh

Reaction score

[email protected]

Reaction score
I hope your experience is better than mine. Same thing happened to me on our new truck with less than 5000 miles on it. It cost over $10,000 to replace the fuel system and clean out the fuel tank. Gas station says they don't know where the problem came from so they're not paying. I had to go through Ford to get all the parts and work done in order to keep it in warranty

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Insurance will pay for it. We do a chit ton of these. Mostly gas or def in the fuel, but have had a few water in fuel. As stated good luck getting the gas station to pay, but its worth a shot. Insurance.typically covers it unde the comprehensive portion, they treat it like vandalism. If its gas or def they only gibe you a one time idiot fix. Water s hould be ok for coverage though.

Blueford

Reaction score
Is there anything else y'all would recommend doing while I got this thing all tore apart

Latest posts

Members online