Hot start problem

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Have you taken a plug off the Rez to see if oil squirts out while cranking?

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
With the Res filled up from me putting out in it it'll pump oil out of the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCart

Reaction score
Having experienced a hot start issue, on one of my OBS high mileage engines I would first check oil pressure in the high pressure system. If I where to throw parts at it first part would be as i mentioned earlier.... a rebuild kit for the IPR, also ensure the wire harness to it is in good order and while you have the IRP apart put dialectric grease on the IPR rod. The IPR controls high pressure oil to the heads, so if it's faulty, especially when hot oil is in the system that's what I'd check first. I mean it's $25.00 worth of parts (rebuild kit), and if you've never replaced the o-and square rings I'd say it's due, before I'd mess with the lpop.

j

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
It has 320,000 miles and previous owner said he had it done while it was in the shop. Also said the truck has 160/30 injectors which all injectors have the reman mark on. So my guess it hasn't been done in a very long time

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I shut it off then restarted it. It was a long crank to get it back started but it started 3 times after the first shut off.

Normal....there's air in the HPO system

It seems to be making oil pressure( on the dash) when cranking it'll move to the L, then fire up. I will put my mechanical gauge on it tomorrow and see what the pressures are like.

You have to get the oil pressure.

It has 320,000 miles and previous owner said he had it done while it was in the shop. Also said the truck has 160/30 injectors which all injectors have the reman mark on. So my guess it hasn't been done in a very long time

Who's injectors?

Billy T.
[email protected]

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
Yes I'll crank for roughly 10 seconds then stop. Crank again for about the same time and it'll start. Could the Lpop lost its prime or something? Because the res. Is staying full it's not draining like before

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes I'll crank for roughly 10 seconds then stop. Crank again for about the same time and it'll start. Could the Lpop lost its prime or something? Because the res. Is staying full it's not draining like before

is it still over filled?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
I just drained the oil and filled it back up, it started after a couple tries. Truck is idling perfect and when put it gear the truck idles the same way. I ordered a melling lpop since it's probably time for a new one anyways.

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
Turned the truck off as it's been running for probably 10-15 minutes and started right back up like nothing was ever wrong

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
Yes. Truck still runs great. Haven't had the problem since. I know I'll probably get crap for this but been driving the truck and been about 200 miles and starts everytime like it should. No long cranking. still waiting for the mellowing lpop to come in

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes. Truck still runs great. Haven't had the problem since. I know I'll probably get crap for this but been driving the truck and been about 200 miles and starts everytime like it should. No long cranking. still waiting for the mellowing lpop to come in

right on.. is it still over full of oil?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
No I drained it back down to the proper amount of oil.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

I wouldn't touch the LPOP. Did you ever verify your LPO?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online