2003 6.0 running rough, no power, white smoke etc...

Diesel1050

Reaction score
Well i'm getting pretty annoyed with this. Have a 2003 F-350 6.0, that over the past week has been running worse and worse, to the point where it is barely driveable. Did oil change done recently with 2 bottles of Rev-X, just changed fuel filters, truck has 126k on it. Recently had the ICP go, so I cut the wire to it and it stopped the stalling/rough idle issue. Fast foward a month, and it suddenly blows a bit of white smoke at startup (Definitely from diesel, not coolant/water), and has NO power, NO turbo etc. Thing barely shifts (Have to let off for it to shift). FICM reads 48.5v at idle, EGR is good (Pulled it and cleaned w/new O rings. At this point i'm thinking bad fuel injector (s). Any thoughts? Also it seems since i've owned it the turbo really hasn't functioned properly. Doesn't act like an '03 turbo should....
93129fff9fa5630e919b5f90f4550840.jpg
<br />
<br />
Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Sounds like bad injectors. Need to get a good scan tool on it and do a power balance on first start up. When these dont run right, the trans shifts like dog chit, and if youve got more than one sticking cold, they may possibly not be flowing properly warm, and causing your lack of power.

Latest posts

Members online