Radiator Talk

DieselJuice

Reaction score
I know, I know, this discussion has gone round and round a couple times; but I haven't seen much talk on it in the last couple of months. My stock one lasted quite awhile and from what I've been hearing alradco is no longer around.

My question is, is the Mishimoto worth it? I've heard of people having issues with them leaking and going through multiples in just a year.. Would it be better to go with just a stock one or say from a brand like CSF? Also, would the support bar that Mishimoto sells stating to give better rigidity be a good investment or just dumping more money in a problem that can't necessarily be solved? Also, my truck is a 2008, I'm pretty sure it has the single O-ring style radiator hoses; should I update them or leave them since they have not been an issue. Plus, my truck does have the old degas tank, but the top port is plugged off and the T installed.

Right now my parts list is looking something like this.
(Radiator)
CSF Radiator Part Number: 3642 - $248.12
OR Mishimoto MODEL: MMRAD-F2D-08V2 - $850
(Body Mount Kit)
Daystar KF04050KV Body Mount - $178.79
(Hoses)
AC3Z-8260-A Upper Radiator hose
AC3Z-8286-A Lower radiator hose

Looking for some guidance from guys that have been through the struggle, thanks!

Black AOD

Reaction score
I know, I know, this discussion has gone round and round a couple times; but I haven't seen much talk on it in the last couple of months. My stock one lasted quite awhile and from what I've been hearing alradco is no longer around.

My question is, is the Mishimoto worth it? I've heard of people having issues with them leaking and going through multiples in just a year.. Would it be better to go with just a stock one or say from a brand like CSF? Also, would the support bar that Mishimoto sells stating to give better rigidity be a good investment or just dumping more money in a problem that can't necessarily be solved? Also, my truck is a 2008, I'm pretty sure it has the single O-ring style radiator hoses; should I update them or leave them since they have not been an issue. Plus, my truck does have the old degas tank, but the top port is plugged off and the T installed.

Right now my parts list is looking something like this.
(Radiator)
CSF Radiator Part Number: 3642 - $248.12
OR Mishimoto MODEL: MMRAD-F2D-08V2 - $850
(Body Mount Kit)
Daystar KF04050KV Body Mount - $178.79
(Hoses)
AC3Z-8260-A Upper Radiator hose
AC3Z-8286-A Lower radiator hose

Looking for some guidance from guys that have been through the struggle, thanks!

Alradco is done and gone. Products were garbage, warranties were garbage, you could never get ahold of them. If you ask me personally from my experience with them, good riddance.

From what I understand, the Mishi V2 radiators for 6.4's have been holding up real well. The original versions and the V1 radiators were the nightmares.

I have a V2 Mishi, been in for a bit now, no issues. I don't know of anyone with a V2 that has leaked yet but I'm sure I could be wrong. Someone else might chime in on this with different info/input than I have

Body mounts are a must on old 6.4's, they tend to rot and give way very easily. Updating hoses is a great idea too. Either the Ford updated ones or the Mishi silicone hoses.

I cant comment on the radiator top support piece that Mishimoto just released, it looks sturdy and looks like it would benefit in rigidity, the only person I know on here that has done one on here is Big Time Kustomz with their 6.4 Race Truck, maybe they can chime in

Mishimoto does have lifetime warranties on their radiator products for what that's worth...I know a few years back their warranty process was nightmare. I've always dealt with a Mishimoto dealer and so far no issues and the process of dealing with them was quick and products arrived very quickly

Last edited:

DieselJuice

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast input, I'll keep that in mind. I do take my truck in the field and try to limit flex, but sometimes you just can't; I've gotten lucky so far. Kind of a job I want to do once and not worry about again(I know a 6.4 lol) If the V2 can do that for me, I wouldn't be so worried about dropping $900 on it.

boggerr

Reaction score
If your truck is a DD do yourself a favor and get OEM body mounts. I know they are a bit pricey but I bet you will do what I just did. I bought the same mounts and the next day I ordered OEM mounts from Sunrise. Everything rattled in the truck, 2x4s would have been a better option.

Black AOD

Reaction score
If your truck is a DD do yourself a favor and get OEM body mounts. I know they are a bit pricey but I bet you will do what I just did. I bought the same mounts and the next day I ordered OEM mounts from Sunrise. Everything rattled in the truck, 2x4s would have been a better option.

:whs:

DieselJuice

Reaction score
They were that bad? I figured they would be a bit stiffer, but the ride with this regular cab is already rougher than most of my friend's four doors. I don't daily the truck for the most part, I usually pull with it or drive it around on a day off. The rubber OEM body mounts will just go the way these did and be "junk"(mine don't look terrible) in a few years though won't they? Would the Dorman solid rubber mounts be a better option?

Last edited:

boggerr

Reaction score
Yea, they were pretty bad. I knew it wasn't going to be good as soon as I started the truck, I could hear the fuel pump over the engine.
I heard there were problems with the Dormans, think they were too tall and threw the body lines off.

If you really want to try the Daystars I have a set. They were in the truck for two weeks.
Only problem is one of the lower bushings was missing from the kit but you shouldn't need them all, mine is a Crew Cab. I'll sell them pretty cheap lol

DieselJuice

Reaction score
Lol, I trust you. I don't need my teeth chattering driving this thing LOL

I haven't heard that about the dormans, you wouldn't happen to know the OEM kit part number off your head would ya?

Rubenk

Reaction score
I hadnt heard that about Alradco, interesting...

My factory radiator made it 180k, was a construction work truck until I bought it around 140k, and then beat on by me for 40k before starting to drip. I just went back with an OEM one for $550ish and Daystar Kevlar mounts. No issues for about 15k now. I didnt notice any extra noise from the cab mounts compared to the rotted stockers.

boggerr

Reaction score
Lmao! Wouldn't have to worry about your teeth after 10 miles cauae you may end up jumping out of a moving truck

No I don't, they are all different part numbers. Check in the venders section under Sunrise, he listed all the numbers for me on there about a month ago. Best bet is to go through them, prices are great!

Rubenk

Reaction score
Lmao! Wouldn't have to worry about your teeth after 10 miles cauae you may end up jumping out of a moving truck

No I don't, they are all different part numbers. Check in the venders section under Sunrise, he listed all the numbers for me on there about a month ago. Best bet is to go through them, prices are great!

I didnt notice a bit of difference. Not sure where you're getting that from...

boggerr

Reaction score
I didnt notice a bit of difference. Not sure where you're getting that from...

I'm getting it from having them in my truck. Maybe your roads are better than Jersey roads but mine was bad. When you can here a stock fuel pump with the engine running it's pretty bad. The ride was horrible, any little bump felt like a pot hole and everything inside ratteled. That was my experience with those mounts, yours is different which is great!

Buck1

Reaction score
My V2 leaks. Not tank to core, but at the core this time. I just bars leaked and said fooey on it. I need to get another one coming. I like all the benefits it provides, but......

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DieselJuice

Reaction score

Thanks boggerr!

My V2 leaks. Not tank to core, but at the core this time. I just bars leaked and said fooey on it. I need to get another one coming. I like all the benefits it provides, but......

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's what kind of gets me thinking about not going with the mishi, yeah the warranty is there.... but dropping that kind of money on a radiator just to have to do it again and again would drive me insane.

Nobody can comment on if Mishi's upper support bar actually helps with this issue?

And nobody here has tried a CSF radiator?

wiseguy

Reaction score
the new version of the mishimoto radiator is not really any better than the original style, I have seen 3 new style 2 old style leak this year. We will not recommend them any more. Last one was the icing on the cake 3 times it replaced in 2 years. Truck sat 7 weeks waiting for radiator nice they warrantied it, But some people cant wait that long. All we use is stock ford now same day part and labor warranty for two years. New hoses rad cap thermostats and front body mounts are standard when we replace radiator. Unless they are new they all get replaced no excuses good time to check belts and tensioners too. From my experience stock radiator with updated parts work, only one I seen leaked I put in went little over 4 years. mishimoto about 1 out of three from my experience leak in 2 years. I tried spectra premium my advice don't! I put in several they all leaked in a year... I really don't have any experience with any other brands has my .02

Humphrey99

Reaction score
My Mishimoto V2 just started dripping at about 1 year and 20k miles. I had the Mishimoto original version before that, also about 1 year and 20k miles. My original lasted about 7 yrs and 120k miles (2008 Job 2 truck). When I saw the upgrades on the V2, I really thought that was going to be the answer. I guess it wasn't and it still sounds like there isn't any silver bullet here yet. I hadn't been on here in awhile so I was hoping for some recent good news. I might do cab mounts and try 1 more V2 since is should be under warranty. Or I might just have to think about a 6.7 and move on.

Latest posts

Members online