Secondary cooling system puking from overflow hose

Jomax

Reaction score
Ahh that definitely helps. I am on 35'S with heavy AF'S so i am sure that will make the egts rise as those speeds.

For sure. I don't think I'll ever have my daily truck lifted again. I love the handling and power from the smaller tires lol. Thinking of getting bigger sway bars to help in the handling department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
For sure. I don't think I'll ever have my daily truck lifted again. I love the handling and power from the smaller tires lol. Thinking of getting bigger sway bars to help in the handling department.

hit me up ! i have hellwig's and they nice !

Jomax

Reaction score
hit me up ! i have hellwig's and they nice !

Sounds good Mike, Dennis is selling his old one off his 2014. Just Looking at it, it should fit for the rear(his truck was a 2wd). If it doesn't, I'll hit you up for one. Thanks!

Jomax

Reaction score
So, just blew Intercooler #3 on the way back home from a trip. Ordering an Intercooler from Mike tomorrow and hopefully (I'm sure it will) it's the last Intercooler I ever buy.

I think the CACT is a bit toasty LOL

849aa1903f8453c8af2fd5778ed27f8e.jpg

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Dang number three. Intrested in your expierence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I swear something else is up with your truck....I know you drive it hard blah blah - I flat out kill mine and haven't even blown the plastic intercooler pipe lol well over 40 psi every day.

Jomax

Reaction score
I swear something else is up with your truck....I know you drive it hard blah blah - I flat out kill mine and haven't even blown the plastic intercooler pipe lol well over 40 psi every day.

There's a difference in quick hard runs vs sustained hard runs. I've blown it every time I've ran it WOT for a couple of minutes. I don't care to post up the speeds here but it's topped out. When I opened the cap for the secondary system, there was WAY more pressure then 5psi.

This last intercooler lasted since end of April. And EVERY time I change the CAC it's fixed.

sootie

Reaction score
There's a difference in quick hard runs vs sustained hard runs. I've blown it every time I've ran it WOT for a couple of minutes. I don't care to post up the speeds here but it's topped out. When I opened the cap for the secondary system, there was WAY more pressure then 5psi.

This last intercooler lasted since end of April. And EVERY time I change the CAC it's fixed.

I suppose heat would be a major contributor more than pressure at that point then...

Be very curious if you could cut the intercooler up and see actually what failed

Jomax

Reaction score
I suppose heat would be a major contributor more than pressure at that point then...

Be very curious if you could cut the intercooler up and see actually what failed

Heat soak I believe kills them. The CACT gets to 170-180 when I run it hard. And that's when the cooler is still working (doesn't leak)

I don't think Ford planned for these trucks to be ran like this.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score

Did your previous intercooler puke?This one isn't puking ,just high CACT temps?

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Maybe think about changing the thermostats in your secondary radiator out. Kevin at psp was having the same issue as you went through 2 or 3 stock coolers and put a no limit on. He was still loosing coolant in the secondary system after beating on it and puking out the bottle.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Maybe think about changing the thermostats in your secondary radiator out. Kevin at psp was having the same issue as you went through 2 or 3 stock coolers and put a no limit on. He was still loosing coolant in the secondary system after beating on it and puking out the bottle.
Maybe its the Thermostats !

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine puked even with Mike's intercooler

yeah, there's been a handful who have had the issue like yours. its strange, very well could be a secondary thermostat. that being said, you'll never have to replace an intercooler gain , and the factory version does fail, and often.

Latest posts

Members online