All you guys up here in the North Dallas area better get your Trucks ready for State

CATDiezel

Reaction score
This is the biggest reason I put a muffler and resonator on, got pulled over once since I lost weight and I make a habit of turning of the truck when pulled over right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With my muff and res it "looks" like I have emissions.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
They do have an odd sound/I wouldn't take it as far as gay fart...not sure what that sounds like anyways.... I don't really give a %%%@^ anymore. It's quiet. At the end of the day or most all days... the truck is in my garage. Clean and I'm inside or on the lake!!! I learned that nobody really cares what you drive or how it sounds unless it obnoxiously loud... which a 15 is obnoxiously loud straight piped.

Jomax

Reaction score
My truck sounds great with a magnaflow muffler and resonator. I'll never have a straight piped truck again,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaCajun

Reaction score
So just some hearsay from some young kids and no facts? No bills introduced? Nothing past the House or Senate? yawn....

this exact type of thread pops up twice a year about Texas. I'll worry about it when it happens.

I'm sorry to tell you but I am no kid and the friend that passed this information along to me is no kid as well. He's in his mid 40s, married with twins. Now, he decided to open up a State Inspection Service to run in his spare time. So to do so he had to go to a class or two to get his licence. And it was then they mentioned to ALL the folks attending the State Inspection for Diesel Emission testing is coming in the near future. Now I never said this was for the whole state of Texas as these laws do vary from county county...But from what I understood this is coming to the Dallas area...How far that is to extend??? I don't know.... I guess we'll find out here in very near future....

Now, I just decided I'd pass this information along just as a courtesy, but as usual there's always a smart ass who thinks he knows better in the group!!!

For me, I don't give a **** cus I'm in the process of building my own custom F450 4x4 from the ground up. The F450 rear leaf springs are gone as I'm in the process of building a heavy duty four link suspension with two air bags per side...The front coil springs are to be replaced as well with an air bags... For the power plant I have a 6.7, currently in the process of being built, along with the 6R140 w/transfercase. My plans are to compound turbo this bitch, just cus....The Air bags at all four corners are for a nicer ride, or much a better than the typical F450 has anyways.... And for this, I'm using a 2002 Crew Cab along with a complete new interior with a 2015 flow thru console, Door Panels, the Dash with it's 8" screen and the factory Sync 3 all fully functional as it would have come from the factory!!! And because this is a 2002 truck I shall NEVER have to be concerned with any future Emission testing or regulations!!! They go strictly by the vehicle's VIN #. So this being a 2002, no regulations for me or my soon to be newly built 750hp F450 4X4!!! This F450 is to pull my 48' LQ Gooseneck Enclosed Car Hauler and it's contents, which BTW is my 2800HP twin turbo Outlaw Drag Radial Z06... Hardly any KID **** going on here!!! :pint:

andrewtac

Reaction score
Not sure how old the guy you quoted is, but 40s might be a kid to him. I know I call early 30s kids. That being said, it sounds like your source heard it in a class. We appreciate it being passed. I'd say until it is official there isn't anything to worry about. The speed of the government is never fast. Also, rumors are often passed within the government. Hopefully it isn't true.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I'm sorry to tell you but I am no kid and the friend that passed this information along to me is no kid as well. He's in his mid 40s, married with twins. Now, he decided to open up a State Inspection Service to run in his spare time. So to do so he had to go to a class or two to get his licence. And it was then they mentioned to ALL the folks attending the State Inspection for Diesel Emission testing is coming in the near future. Now I never said this was for the whole state of Texas as these laws do vary from county county...But from what I understood this is coming to the Dallas area...How far that is to extend??? I don't know.... I guess we'll find out here in very near future....

Now, I just decided I'd pass this information along just as a courtesy, but as usual there's always a smart ass who thinks he knows better in the group!!!

For me, I don't give a **** cus I'm in the process of building my own custom F450 4x4 from the ground up. The F450 rear leaf springs are gone as I'm in the process of building a heavy duty four link suspension with two air bags per side...The front coil springs are to be replaced as well with an air bags... For the power plant I have a 6.7, currently in the process of being built, along with the 6R140 w/transfercase. My plans are to compound turbo this bitch, just cus....The Air bags at all four corners are for a nicer ride, or much a better than the typical F450 has anyways.... And for this, I'm using a 2002 Crew Cab along with a complete new interior with a 2015 flow thru console, Door Panels, the Dash with it's 8" screen and the factory Sync 3 all fully functional as it would have come from the factory!!! And because this is a 2002 truck I shall NEVER have to be concerned with any future Emission testing or regulations!!! They go strictly by the vehicle's VIN #. So this being a 2002, no regulations for me or my soon to be newly built 750hp F450 4X4!!! This F450 is to pull my 48' LQ Gooseneck Enclosed Car Hauler and it's contents, which BTW is my 2800HP twin turbo Outlaw Drag Radial Z06... Hardly any KID **** going on here!!! :pint:
You're very ambitious
.Hope your DREAMS become Reality.

DaCajun

Reaction score
You're very ambitious
.Hope your DREAMS become Reality.

Thank you very much!!! Working very hard on it for sure!!! I'll probably start a build thread on it here in the weeks to come.... I've been busy fabricating all the four link suspension components... All which are VERY, VERY heavy duty!!!

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
53sBa.gif

doo dah

Reaction score
These Donaldson's sound like a gay fart gone wrong. I'm liking how quiet they are but they sound like chit.

Maybe depends on which one? I love mine (45" for 5" pipe) and I have been a straight pipe diesel guy since 97. Super quiet inside the cab and when I am on the throttle the whistle from the turbo is the loudest thing I hear from the tailpipe, gets some looks but could be because I have a non VGT. I could see how a muffled Rick Flare could sound a little ghey. LOL

Brian22

Reaction score
Just saw on the local news.
"The Texas Senate has approved a bill that would eliminate the state's mandatory safety inspections for most vehicles.

Texas is one of slightly more than a dozen states that still require safety inspections that test for things like properly-working horns, brakes and brake lights, headlights and seat belts. According to a Senate study, more than 500,000 vehicles didn't pass safety inspection in 2014 and 2015.

The bill is sponsored by Sen. Don Huffines, a Dallas Republican. He notes that other large states like California and Florida have dropped safety inspections and they are no longer required by the federal government.

Commercial vehicles would still face safety inspections, and emissions inspections would still be required in the state's most populous counties.

The bill now goes to the House for consideration."

ccmac

Reaction score
Just saw on the local news.
"The Texas Senate has approved a bill that would eliminate the state's mandatory safety inspections for most vehicles.

Texas is one of slightly more than a dozen states that still require safety inspections that test for things like properly-working horns, brakes and brake lights, headlights and seat belts. According to a Senate study, more than 500,000 vehicles didn't pass safety inspection in 2014 and 2015.

The bill is sponsored by Sen. Don Huffines, a Dallas Republican. He notes that other large states like California and Florida have dropped safety inspections and they are no longer required by the federal government.

Commercial vehicles would still face safety inspections, and emissions inspections would still be required in the state's most populous counties.

The bill now goes to the House for consideration."

Saw that, his brother Ray Huffines runs a bunch of car dealerships, makes since for him to understand how less government regulation in the auto industry would help things. I wouldn't be worried, we have an awesome governor and a decent legislature right now.

Latest posts

Members online