Door strikers = best $100 I've spent on this truck

Bfazona

Reaction score
Just ordered these myself. Hope it fixes the rattling rear doors. I did the tubing mod on my 7.3 and had same results that others have posted. Hopefully this works better than that. Def easier to do, that's for sure.

boggerr

Reaction score
Just ordered these myself. Hope it fixes the rattling rear doors. I did the tubing mod on my 7.3 and had same results that others have posted. Hopefully this works better than that. Def easier to do, that's for sure.

You will be very happy with the outcome. Just did mine today, night and day difference. Doors close with a thud now, no rattels and less wind noise.
Thanks to the OP for posting this

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Appreciate that. I am going to try to compare the front and rear door strikers on the carcass i am stripping at my shop. Problem is I will not be back in there till sometime this weekend.

verifine

Reaction score
Just ordered 2 for my front doors to try out. Will report back tomorrow when they come in. Have a small/slight rattle in both doors so hoping this alleviates it.

Koda22

Reaction score
maybe I missed it, but do these fit older trucks? I always have a hard time with my driver door, would love to give these a try

Jomax

Reaction score
So I installed them. Seems tighter, only negative is the clank it makes when closing almost like it's being forced a bit too much. Pulling the door handles aren't smooth anymore, you feel the latch being forced open if that makes sense?

The door creaking is gone or I'm pretty sure getting into uneven driveways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganM

Reaction score
Yep, I noticed that initially, but not after a few days of use.
Either the rubber softened up and wore into shape, or I'm conditioned to ignore it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yep, I noticed that initially, but not after a few days of use.
Either the rubber softened up and wore into shape, or I'm conditioned to ignore it.

Cool, I installed them before I went to Vegas this morning really fast . So I didn't open and close the doors much. I'm sure it'll get better.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Got mine installed last night. Love them! I had to take my door seal tubing out, I couldn't hardly shut the door with tubing in. The strikers work better than the tubing for wind noise and no more door rattles over any bumps so far. Installed in a 2004 crew cab.

Thanks for helping me spend more money lol, well worth it!!

Jomax

Reaction score
Doors are closing and opening better, the creaking from the doors when driving over uneven roads seem to be gone. Just need to drive without the radio on to be 100% sure lol.

Jomax

Reaction score
So the doors creaking when going over uneven surfaces is gone. I'm glad I purchased them. I definitely recommend them. Just did about 800 miles these past two days with them. The truck feels tighter in terms of cab movement/sound.

Bfazona

Reaction score
Still waiting on mine. I ordered them at the same time as Jomax, but it takes longer to ship them to MD than AZ. Glad you are reporting the results we expected out of the upgraded strikers. My doors rattle/creak pretty good on bumps and uneven road transitions.

verifine

Reaction score
well?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Installed them on the weekend, I had a small squeak/creak as I leaned on the door arm rest or when driving on rough roads. Seems to have dampened the sound and vibrations for now. I only did my front doors for now as the strikers are $40 a piece up here in Canada.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.