What brake pads are rotors are the best for 2013

Jomax

Reaction score
I put Ford parts back on my truck at 72k when I replaced the pads and rotors.

I went back with ford rotors and pads. They just work. I've Learned to just deal with the dust. It's life if you want good brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
I put Powerstop rotors and pads on mine and they work really well, noticeable difference from factory. Plus I have little to no brake dust on my wheels. I cleaned my wheels about 15k miles ago and there is no brake dust. I have them on my son's truck and my wife's Land Rover....swear by them. The LR goes through brakes like I go through beer on the weekend but the powerstops are still not close to 1/2 way gone at a point factory LR pads were down to rivets.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I was looking at Power Stop brakes. They have a kit for the 2011-2012 KC5575-36 I thought it might be an upgrade but it is just the stock size Pads, Rotors and Reman calipers. If I wanted to upgrade my 11 I would just need the rotors and caliper brackets from a 15-16 truck? There is no difference in the calipers? This is on my list as I just went through my brakes last weekend and greased all of the pins. I have 1 rear and 1 front caliper with 1 piston starting to stick. I plan to replace the calipers as the pads wear out so this would be a good time to upgrade to the newer brakes.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I was looking at Power Stop brakes. They have a kit for the 2011-2012 KC5575-36 I thought it might be an upgrade but it is just the stock size Pads, Rotors and Reman calipers. If I wanted to upgrade my 11 I would just need the rotors and caliper brackets from a 15-16 truck? There is no difference in the calipers? This is on my list as I just went through my brakes last weekend and greased all of the pins. I have 1 rear and 1 front caliper with 1 piston starting to stick. I plan to replace the calipers as the pads wear out so this would be a good time to upgrade to the newer brakes.

I know you need 13+ front knuckles to run the 13+ calipers which I think are different for the bigger rotors.

I called SSBC this past week and they are another month out on the stuff for our trucks

Jomax

Reaction score
I know you need 13+ front knuckles to run the 13+ calipers which I think are different for the bigger rotors.

I called SSBC this past week and they are another month out on the stuff for our trucks

Sweet, it took them long enough!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Sweet, it took them long enough!

Yeah it's not out yet though. Another month every time I call it seems like. My stock rotors have over 100k on them and are at the throw away point. Need new stuff sooner than later.

Clean-15

Reaction score
You guys ever just do a pad slap if the rotors are thick enough or do you always recommend replacement/turning them. The dealership said they wouldn't turn the rotors on any f250/f350.... I suspect they still measure fine.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You guys ever just do a pad slap if the rotors are thick enough or do you always recommend replacement/turning them. The dealership said they wouldn't turn the rotors on any f250/f350.... I suspect they still measure fine.

I prefer to pad slap personally, unless they are warped, then replace. If you warp full thickness rotors, youre gonna warp cut thinner ones faster.

Jomax

Reaction score
I wouldn't turn rotors ever. I have 50k on these rotors and I warped them.. they only shake bad if I do a HARD brake from high speed. Under normal driving, they're still fine. Might look into cyro treating my next set of rotors.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I wouldn't turn rotors ever. I have 50k on these rotors and I warped them.. they only shake bad if I do a HARD brake from high speed. Under normal driving, they're still fine. Might look into cyro treating my next set of rotors.

Diversified Cyrogenics.They've been doing rotors for over 15 years.I've dealt with them numerous times,great family owned business.All work done of premises.NO Middle man.

Buck1

Reaction score
I running Powerstop stuff from Rockauto and have been pleased.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yeah it's not out yet though. Another month every time I call it seems like. My stock rotors have over 100k on them and are at the throw away point. Need new stuff sooner than later.

Just a little update on this, SSBC is still quite far out on all the new parts so I went ahead and ordered their current break setup for the front and rear of my truck. Im sure they will still be an improvement and I need brakes soon. They will be a couple of weeks before they get here and I'll start a new thread when I get the parts.

Another question I have does anyone know a good place to get some stainless lines? No use putting all nice parts on then leaving the stock rubber hoses.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Just a little update on this, SSBC is still quite far out on all the new parts so I went ahead and ordered their current break setup for the front and rear of my truck. Im sure they will still be an improvement and I need brakes soon. They will be a couple of weeks before they get here and I'll start a new thread when I get the parts.

Another question I have does anyone know a good place to get some stainless lines? No use putting all nice parts on then leaving the stock rubber hoses.
Air Hydro/Parker Store can make any type of brake line you like.

Jomax

Reaction score

You still have the older brake setup? Or did you upgrade to the 2013+ brakes?

kcpanages

Reaction score
EBC drilled rotors front and back with EBC Green pads......... stock caliber

Jomax

Reaction score
So Performance friction FINALLY makes pads for the 2013+. Anyone wanting a good pad that doesn't fade fast, I highly recommend them. I'll be going with those in carbon metallic and for rotors, slotted Cyroed rotors from Frozenrotors.

It should be a Stout setup that won't warp on me like stock rotors.

Front pads are almost gone so I'll be doing it soon.

Latest posts

Members online