F450/550 cab&chassis exhaust

JD3020

Reaction score
Whats the scoop on exhausts for these trucks? Is there a "best" kit out there that will fit without much hassle, or is it gonna be a bitch either way? My truck has the stock exhuast, but it has a half-assed muffler delete and some loose/broke hangers. Not to mention its extremely loud and has a very obnoxious cackle at higher RPM's. Its a crew cab with a 9ft flatbed, and the rear mounted fuel tank.

Not looking for anything crazy. I already have a 4" downpipe here so i'd like to run 4" out to the stock exit. Also gonna add a resonator or muffler of some sorts to knock the volume down some, but still keep a nice sound.

KYF350

Reaction score
I have a cab&chassis I just bought a 4 inch exhaust for a regular truck, worked fine until I went over the rear axle from there I had to buy a couple 45 deg elbows to run it past the fuel tank

JD3020

Reaction score
Bringing this back up. I've found 2 part numbers for Diamond Eye kits, K4328A is supposedly for 99-03 F450's, but a lot of places say its unavailable.

Then i found K4330A, which is listed as F550 rollover. Thats available everywhere, hell even Summit has it for $300 with free shipping.

Any ideas as to what the differences are?

co04cobra

Reaction score
I've used normal exhaust systems and then bought the C&C pipe for over the rear. Which you can buy just that piece separate.

I think the EX rear piece of pipe is the same as the C&C trucks. Has to be different to clear the 40gal rear tank.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
The Diamond kit I bought a few years ago had horrible fit. I don't remember the part number, but I believe it is the kit that is discontinued now. The vendor I bought it through was great with helping me deal with all the issues, but told me that due to there being so many different variations in the C&C trucks that Diamond would be discontinuing the kit.

I have been purchasing Excursion kits, and modifying them to make them work on our 450's at work.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Diamond Eye part K4328A is on engineering hold currently. They are working to release it again in the very near future. One of our customers is testing the re-designed kit and if all goes well, then they should be available soon.

JD3020

Reaction score
The Diamond kit I bought a few years ago had horrible fit. I don't remember the part number, but I believe it is the kit that is discontinued now. The vendor I bought it through was great with helping me deal with all the issues, but told me that due to there being so many different variations in the C&C trucks that Diamond would be discontinuing the kit.

I have been purchasing Excursion kits, and modifying them to make them work on our 450's at work.

What do you change on the Ex kits, just lengthening it in the middle?

Homesteader

Reaction score
Everything worked perfect for my 02 cab & chassis when I bought my Diamnod eye exhaust a couple of years back.

1badpsd

Reaction score
FWIW flo-pro has released a c/c exhaust for 7.3, I've never liked diamond eye and always like the fit and finish on flo pro so that's who I'll be going with

JD3020

Reaction score
I have a flatbed, but its still pretty damn tight down there.

I'll have to look into the Flo-Pro kits. Really need something that will fit good the first time, don't have the time to hack up some **** to make it fit over the axle. Honestly if my underbox wasn't so big i'd consider just dumping it in front of the axle.

vcassens

Reaction score
I ordered that exhaust today. I will let you know how the fit is when i get it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

vcassens

Reaction score
Still haven't got around to installing it. Still have to finish the trans swap and get a new drive shaft lol

vcassens

Reaction score
Ok it is on the truck but none of the clamps are tight. The fit is spot on also. I just need to get a delete pipe for the muffler and i will be good to go. I will try and get some pics of it installed and post as soon as possible