Secondary cooling system puking from overflow hose

Jomax

Reaction score
Ever since I ******d it, the truck has puked from the secondary system when running it hard (towing or drag racing. )

Only comes out of the small overflow hose.

Anyone have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Enough to run down the frame, this is the SECONDARY system btw.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Interesting... Is your EGR cooler d-leted?

If so, I believe the secondary system just cools the transmission and CAC. I would think you'd have to be running A LOT of hot air through the CAC before it would cause the coolant to boil, but I could be wrong.

Jomax

Reaction score
Also getting P026A which is related to the CAC. Tearing into it tomorrow

Jomax

Reaction score
Interesting... Is your EGR cooler d-leted?

If so, I believe the secondary system just cools the transmission and CAC. I would think you'd have to be running A LOT of hot air through the CAC before it would cause the coolant to boil, but I could be wrong.

Fully gone

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
We have seen a couple of cacs with pin holes in yhem. These were on 11-14s, and in stock form, the coolant went the other way typically when sitting overnight. If it was bad enough, i could see it venting

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Man I just went through this on a customers truck. Did the same thing and had the same code. The cac had a hole inside it. I replaced with new one problem solved.

Jomax

Reaction score
We have seen a couple of cacs with pin holes in yhem. These were on 11-14s, and in stock form, the coolant went the other way typically when sitting overnight. If it was bad enough, i could see it venting

Would you physically see the pin hole leaks on the CAC?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You have to plug the the coolan holes, dump it in a bucket, and then pump air in the coolant port and watch for bubbles, or other way around would work as well.

Jomax

Reaction score
Man I just went through this on a customers truck. Did the same thing and had the same code. The cac had a hole inside it. I replaced with new one problem solved.

Hmm. Sounds good, I have aftermarket warranty, maybe somehow pay the difference and get an inter cooler from Mike!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
That would work. Get a quote from strictly or diesels and more or something like that and let them know what you are doing in advance. It may work. Make sure the cac is covered though... they may deny it cause it should be covered under factory.

Jomax

Reaction score
You have to plug the the coolan holes, dump it in a bucket, and then pump air in the coolant port and watch for bubbles, or other way around would work as well.

I'll do that, thanks Tony!

Jomax

Reaction score
That would work. Get a quote from strictly or diesels and more or something like that and let them know what you are doing in advance. It may work. Make sure the cac is covered though... they may deny it cause it should be covered under factory.

Yeah, that's the plan. I was told it starts at 0 miles. So if they give me crap. I'll them them to pro rate it and I want my money back. Warranties are never easy I guess.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Problem with the aftermarket warranties is they look for every reason to deny. I had a 6.0 a few years back that had a sticking turbo, and had 37s on it. They denied coverage cause of oversized tires...

Jomax

Reaction score
Problem with the aftermarket warranties is they look for every reason to deny. I had a 6.0 a few years back that had a sticking turbo, and had 37s on it. They denied coverage cause of oversized tires...

Hopefully they're not liars, I specifically told them that the truck will get lifted with 37s. And they said they are ok with that...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well hopefully it works ou man. Unfortunately ive seen too many people get the shaft from these companies, so im a little reserved. If it does work out that would be great though! :D

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Oh and if/when you get it off, bring it by the shop, we got yhe stuff to test it to make sure thats yhe issue...

Latest posts

Members online