Ts 6 position chip on my 99 7.3 throwing check engine light ???

Atcking

Reaction score
So I bought a ts 6 position chip for my 99 7.3 and it throws check engine light when I drive if you **** the truck off it goes away but if your drive slow it's off then get on it it comes on and stays on. I contacted the eBay seller and he is clueless I'm clueless
i cleaned the board good there was a towing tube on it before and it would pump black smoke out the exhaust when you stomped on it It this ts chip at 100 hp it barley smokes and 140 hp same thing light smoke Shift points change but no extra fuel is getting added that I can tell truck is running 20-22 psi of boost on the digital glow shift multi gauge

Any info?? Should I take it off and buy another tuner ??

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What is the code? Sounds like an icp code, the pump is probably not keeping up with the tunes.

Golddigger

Reaction score
Before I had my T-6 re done, the old tunes would throw mass air flow code that would come and go. Now with the gear head tunes, no light under higher boost situations.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I think maybe get tunes from a reputable tuner if they aren't. Not some monkey who sells on Facebook and eBay only.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Before I had my T-6 re done, the old tunes would throw mass air flow code that would come and go. Now with the gear head tunes, no light under higher boost situations.

Maf codes on a 7.3? :shrug: Last i checked the 7.3 aint got a maf.....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
its more then likely a 1211 code and you need to get the code pulled/read before anything can be suggested to fix!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online