What brake pads are rotors are the best for 2013

richiee23

Reaction score
I'm in the market for new brake pads and rotors for the front. I'm tired of every time I apply the brakes hearing squeaking. I was wonder what everyone was running and what would be the best for a 2013. I'm gonna replace the pads and rotors. I was looking at ebc ultimate black slotted rotors and the ebc green stuff pads. Anyone ever tired this setup or have any setup they recommend ?

straggleweed

Reaction score
Mine were squeaking on my 13 and I just replaced them with the stock motorcraft pads a few months ago. No squeaks or noises anymore. I had about 70,000 on the stock pads and they were almost to the metal. Didn't touch the rotors.

Horsemover

Reaction score
I replaced my rears with stock and haven't had any issues. Replaced the fronts with Napa premium and they are horrible. Squeaky and super dusty.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I have StopTech SportStop slotted brake rotors and Hawk LTS pads. I've never had a single squeak out of them and they are holding up great. Little to no brake dust. I have also heard good things about EBC as well.

Jomax

Reaction score
I went with genuine ford rotors and pads again. Other then the brake dust. I love the way it stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I went with genuine ford rotors and pads again. Other then the brake dust. I love the way it stops.

same here...and use disc brake quiet when installing and you should never get squeaks.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have StopTech SportStop slotted brake rotors and Hawk LTS pads. I've never had a single squeak out of them and they are holding up great. Little to no brake dust. I have also heard good things about EBC as well.

I have EBC pads on my truck and I'm not happy with all the dust they put out. I'm waiting on SSBC to bring out some new stuff for our trucks and they will be for 13+ too. But I plan on getting rid of the crappy Ford calipers for something with a lot more bite for towing.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I have EBC pads on my truck and I'm not happy with all the dust they put out. I'm waiting on SSBC to bring out some new stuff for our trucks and they will be for 13+ too. But I plan on getting rid of the crappy Ford calipers for something with a lot more bite for towing.

Ahh 10-4... I know my StopTech rotors and Hawk pads bite a little harder than my stock ones did. I've had to hit them pretty damn hard for deer before and they got me stopped but still a lot to be desired for the calipers. Been a few times I didn't think I'd get stopped. The caliper are def the limiting factor but short of replacing the caliper the StopTech rotors and Hawk pads helped a little bit.

Jomax

Reaction score

Or convert to the 2013+ brakes. I've never felt the need for more brakes.

Once towed 15k home from CA. Had the brakes go out on the trailer and never noticed till I got home.. the 13+ brakes are stout.

Jomax

Reaction score
same here...and use disc brake quiet when installing and you should never get squeaks.

For the genuine pads, they usually come with the rubber backing pad, never felt the need for the disc brake quiet. In AZ with this dirt/sand. We usually don't put anything on the backing plate or where the pads slide. The grease usually becomes a dust magnet and makes things worse. Only place I add grease are the slide pins.

This works for AZ though. I'm sure in the rust belt, grease is needed.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Or convert to the 2013+ brakes. I've never felt the need for more brakes.

Once towed 15k home from CA. Had the brakes go out on the trailer and never noticed till I got home.. the 13+ brakes are stout.

Ive actually thought about converting to 13+ ssbc stuff, don't know if I want to spend the extra for the the parts to swap plus the SSBC stuff.

Reaction score
X2 on the stop tech rotors and hawk pads setup. I've got the same and they work great. Make sure to grease backs of pads and clips really good.
EBC yellow stuff suck. They eat your rotors and kick off loads of dust. I was constantly cleaning my wheels. Then when they wore out which was in about a year the rotors had nice deep grooves.

Jomax

Reaction score
Ive actually thought about converting to 13+ ssbc stuff, don't know if I want to spend the extra for the the parts to swap plus the SSBC stuff.

You think you'd still want the ssbc stuff after you convert?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
You think you'd still want the ssbc stuff after you convert?

Yup, to stay away from the ford calipers. Rotors would be a little bigger and calipers would have a lot more bite that way. Do you know if the mounts on the rear axle is the same and they just use different brackets or if the axle mounts are actually different. The cost to convert to ssbc vs going to 13 stuff with nice rotors and pads is probably about a 7-800$ difference. And being able to stop better is worth that to me.

Jomax

Reaction score
Yup, to stay away from the ford calipers. Rotors would be a little bigger and calipers would have a lot more bite that way. Do you know if the mounts on the rear axle is the same and they just use different brackets or if the axle mounts are actually different. The cost to convert to ssbc vs going to 13 stuff with nice rotors and pads is probably about a 7-800$ difference. And being able to stop better is worth that to me.

Honestly don't know about the rear brakes, someone on the forum here did convert though.

Knock on wood, I've had good luck with ford calipers, but I'm in AZ, Zero rust issues.

I wish ssbc had the brake upgrade already for 2013+. Just looked into them, can never say no to better brakes.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Honestly don't know about the rear brakes, someone on the forum here did convert though.

Knock on wood, I've had good luck with ford calipers, but I'm in AZ, Zero rust issues.

I wish ssbc had the brake upgrade already for 2013+. Just looked into them, can never say no to better brakes.

According to the guy at ssbc should be March/April so hopefully by May. They are reworking their current calipers for them to and putting bigger pistons in them.

Jomax

Reaction score
According to the guy at ssbc should be March/April so hopefully by May. They are reworking their current calipers for them to and putting bigger pistons in them.

Sweet!

Clean-15

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Powerstop pads? I'm looking for something with less brake dust.

dboat

Reaction score
Anyone tried the Powerstop pads? I'm looking for something with less brake dust.
I have PowerShell rotors and pads. They were a definite step up from what was on the truck when I bought it. I flat tow a bit and they work really well. Not a lot of dust either.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online