6.4 Security Lockout? No Crank

BradyDisney

Reaction score
Truck died when I shut the door and wouldn't start since. Left it a couple months, put batteries back in and now no crank and flashing security light. Anyone run into similar issue? Thanks

sootie

Reaction score
Try using the jumper cable on the passenger side wirng harness. Turn the key on and take the starter side of the bullet conector and touch it to positive. It should at least crank-hopefully start. It should then reset the pats

BradyDisney

Reaction score
Yes original keys. I'm turning it over jumping the starter. Fuel pump won't run and is still locked out.. thanks for the replies

sootie

Reaction score
there has got to be a piece of the story missing. Is the truck tuned? Were there any other repairs done right before the issue in the first place?

webb06

Reaction score
Somehow PATS has locked you out. Need IDS to unlock PATS and do a parameter reset. Then it should start so you can figure out what started it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradyDisney

Reaction score
Yes sorry its tuned. No recent repairs. It all caught me off guard. I already dielectric greased the main connectors because I read that causes it. Found corrosion in my fuse panel. Possible that has something to do with it?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
This dude isn't crazy. Ive got a truck here now that every time I close the door the VGT cycles. Bout to dig in now. Also will not crank with key and PATS reset didn't help

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Fuse 76 giving me issues. Huge voltage drop rubbing somewhere.

BradyDisney

Reaction score
Truck died when I shut the door and wouldn't start since. Left it a couple months, put batteries back in and now no crank and flashing security light. Anyone run into similar issue? Thanks

Hey guys. Update, fuse panel(under hood) is full of corrosion and cracked buses. Since ford discontinued it I found a clean one out of a wrecked truck. Heard you need a special pick to remove wires from the bottom? Anyone done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online