Icp sensors

Chris2590

Reaction score
So I have bought about 3 icp sensors off eBay and had no luck with all 3. The last one I put in actually killed the truck after running about 5 minutes twice so I put an old one back in. I really don't want to pay $150 for an oem but it looks like I might have to. Has anyone had a good experience at all buying one off eBay or anywhere else for a good price? Does anyone have a known good sensor I could buy or know of a good place to buy a good Motocraft icp for a good price?
Thanks again guys

bens

Reaction score
In my opinion stick to motorcraft for anything sensor related like that. Check with sunrise parts in the vendor section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
oem or international sensors only!! waste of time and money with the knockoffs..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Chris2590

Reaction score
Yeah I probably could of bought a Motocraft with all the money I spent buying 3 on eBay it I did get a refund for all 3 luckily. And thanks I'll look for Sunfise parts on here. Just trying to get the best price for an oem

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
I've been running a autozone one for a few months and no problem with it yet. knock on wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old man dave

Reaction score
I've been running a autozone one for a few months and no problem with it yet. knock on wood

Consider yourself lucky. A lot of us will use only Ford/Motorcraft sensors only because the of the failure rate of aftermarket sensors.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What problems did you have that told you it was the ICP sensor? Got ICP problems myself.

Chris2590

Reaction score
Just a bad idle surge. The first eBay sensor cleared the idle up but it didn't last long. They're just not built like the oem. The last one I bought was junk right out of the box and actually killed the truck and I had to restart it. When it died again I threw it away and demanded a refund lol. Like they said above just spring for a Motorcraft or International and you can rule that out and not go through all the aggravation like me -.-
But I guess a good way to check is to just unplug the icp and if it idles better then the sensor is more then likely bad.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just a bad idle surge. The first eBay sensor cleared the idle up but it didn't last long. They're just not built like the oem. The last one I bought was junk right out of the box and actually killed the truck and I had to restart it. When it died again I threw it away and demanded a refund lol. Like they said above just spring for a Motorcraft or International and you can rule that out and not go through all the aggravation like me -.-
But I guess a good way to check is to just unplug the icp and if it idles better then the sensor is more then likely bad.

no. not correct. if you unplug the icp sensor while the truck is idling and there is no change then that means it is already in default and the sensor is bad. if you unplug it and there is a change in idle, while still running/idling then that means you have other issues.. when idle changes, it forces it to go to default and ups the icp from 500 to 750 psi at idle.. more psi results in a better idle..

live life full throttle

Chris2590

Reaction score
Ok thanks I've never actually unplugged it while it was running. I may have to try that. I've always unplugged it and then started it.
I've got the original one that came in the truck when I bought it in now and it seems a lot better. There is still a little surge when its cold but I figure that's because I'm running 15w40 oil and it's still cold where I'm from. I may try some thinner oil when I change it next time. I can't currently do any wot runs right now because I put some stage 2 injectors in and I am still waiting on parts to get here to convert to e-fuel. But I think the sensor has been in long enough to get the air out of the system.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
how many miles and wot runs do you have on it since you got it back in the truck?

live life full throttle

Ummmm......still in shop.....

I don't want to rush getting it out. Need to double check everything before I get it outside. Bit me in the ass last time.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ummmm......still in shop.....

I don't want to rush getting it out. Need to double check everything before I get it outside. Bit me in the ass last time.
until you drive it and get some wot runs on it, stop worrying about icp.

live life full throttle

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
My icp just went out... guess I spoke to early lol

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
I unplugged it started the truck and plugged it in. and it's been running fine since. Thankfully autozone around me has a 24 hour one so I'll go there in a little while and try and get a new one

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I unplugged it started the truck and plugged it in. and it's been running fine since. Thankfully autozone around me has a 24 hour one so I'll go there in a little while and try and get a new one

yeah, might as well leave it unplugged cuz that just puts it in default anyway..

live life full throttle

1995f2507.3

Reaction score
yeah, might as well leave it unplugged cuz that just puts it in default anyway..

live life full throttle

When I left it unplugged it was slamming into gear it wouldn't shift smooth at all that's only reason I plugged it back in. Haven't had a problem with it since that but am still going to replace it to be safe

Chris2590

Reaction score
When I left it unplugged it was slamming into gear it wouldn't shift smooth at all that's only reason I plugged it back in. Haven't had a problem with it since that but am still going to replace it to be safe

Damn Do they have a warranty for it at auto zone?

Latest posts

Members online