6.0 or 6.4

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Hey guys. In the market for a truck to play around with and make some power but still be somewhat reliable. Currently own a 6.7 but would like to have a truck to beat on and not worry about getting a scratch or two on it. Needing feedback on which one i would more than likely have better luck with. Would kind of rather a 6.0 because the market is cheap and I can have money for goodies but know I can make crazy and easy power out of a 6.4. All advice is appreciated!

cRaZy8

Reaction score
Love the interior on the 08-10 trucks.
Dont really love the front ends.
Hate the engines.

If I had to do it all over again, I would buy another 05-07 truck.
Probably bide my time a little more and get a truck from AZ or NM.
Rust free, and Fluid Film the crap out of it.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I had a thread on this a while back. Great discussion for both sides actually.

I chose the 6.4. Although I'm enjoying driving the 6.0 currently, it doesn't touch the 6.4 for interior comfort, styling, and power. It's going to be up for sale soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bigharm27

Reaction score
I had a thread on this a while back. Great discussion for both sides actually.

I chose the 6.4. Although I'm enjoying driving the 6.0 currently, it doesn't touch the 6.4 for interior comfort, styling, and power. It's going to be up for sale soon.

U got a link to ur thread. So hard picking. I know it's gonna be much harder to get a 6.0 up to a 6.4 power level. But I could get a 6.0 on the cheap and have more money for upgrades.

Strokersace

Reaction score
U got a link to ur thread. So hard picking. I know it's gonna be much harder to get a 6.0 up to a 6.4 power level. But I could get a 6.0 on the cheap and have more money for upgrades.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75335

The difference in my case is I'd already bought the 6.0 to replace my obs 7.3. Then the 08 fell into my lap. So I had both trucks in my possession up front.

Either way, the thread I linked has good info ad to the pros and cons of both. Not just a "6.0" response, or "6.4" response.

Last edited:

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I think a good place to start is HP goals and intended use... with those answers you can go a long way towards a solution. A 4-500 hp beater? 6.0 all day. If you wanna throw down 4 digits and/or comfort cruise 6.4 is probably a better platform. Of course there is a gray area but intended use (in more detail than original post) would probably help.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I think a good place to start is HP goals and intended use... with those answers you can go a long way towards a solution. A 4-500 hp beater? 6.0 all day. If you wanna throw down 4 digits and/or comfort cruise 6.4 is probably a better platform. Of course there is a gray area but intended use (in more detail than original post) would probably help.
You're exactly right. For my intended use of a vehicle, as well as balancing the wants/needs of the spouse, the 6.4 made the most sense between the two.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Not really looking for all the bells and whistles. Probably gonnq be buying and xl or xlt. Just something stripped down. Trying to make 6 to 700 at the wheels and just have a fun all around truck.

sootie

Reaction score
Not really looking for all the bells and whistles. Probably gonnq be buying and xl or xlt. Just something stripped down. Trying to make 6 to 700 at the wheels and just have a fun all around truck.

whats your budget? I absolutely guarantee its going to be cheaper for you to buy a truck with mods already done. There are some good ones in the classifieds. Check out Andrews truck -Black AOD on here.

You're buying a six four-its gonna break and cost you money regardless if you built it up from stock or someone else did. Most of the time, they are selling a built truck for what stockers sell for anyway so you are getting the parts free.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
Love the interior on the 08-10 trucks.
Dont really love the front ends.
Hate the engines.

If I had to do it all over again, I would buy another 05-07 truck.
Probably bide my time a little more and get a truck from AZ or NM.
Rust free, and Fluid Film the crap out of it.

I concur (though majorly biased) drove 18 hrs from SC to get my 05' in Texas, one owner originally from Zona'. Happy as a pig in warm mud w/ mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online