LP Fuel system

PA Stroker

Reaction score
Just bought a new to me 08 king ranch. I was wondering if there is a way to DIY a Lp fuel system on these truck like there was on 7.3. I dont really like the design of the fuel bowl and the filter/water separator on the frame. I was just wondering if it was possible to build a system, so i could switch over to 2 cat spin on filters like i have on my old truck. Another plus to this is I already have a bunch of the cats filters laying around.

NC Firefighter

Reaction score
I'm trying to research this too. I built the fuel system on my 12 valve dodge, and I'd like to do the same on the Ford. As long as we could figure out all the fitting sizes I don't see why it wouldn't be doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Just hard to regulate down to 7 psi and not create a bunch of extra heat while providing enough flow. It's doable but usually ends up costing nearly 1000.00

NC Firefighter

Reaction score
I was planning on an A1000 with the regulator on the return side, probably run 1/2 inch line on both sides and a cooler with fan on the frame somewhere for the return.

NC Firefighter

Reaction score
Sounds like it works really well on your truck, overkill for most yes, but personally I think I'd rather have a known reliable pump that can easily keep up than pushing a smaller pump harder. What would you suggest using then if you feel the a1000 is too much?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have a fuelab and it's been great. Zero complaints. I bought mine from side action diesel and it was basically plug and play. He made up a kit for the fuelab that's pretty easy to do at home. Been on my truck for awhile now.

NC Firefighter

Reaction score
Can anybody post up a diagram of a stock fuel system? I think there's one in the library but I can't get it to load.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Lift pump to fuel bowl. Fuel bowl to hpfp. Hpfp to fuel rails. Return from both heads and hpfp to fuel cooler and back to tank.

PA Stroker

Reaction score
North east. Above scranton about 40 minutes. Near montrose.

Small world lol. Im from out by Harveys Lake. I used to work in the montrose area a few years ago.

Just saw your thread about you build. Trucks gotta be pretty nasty. I know my 6.4 that went on a diet is way quicker than my 7.3 when i had just a chip.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
No sh!t. My grandpa used to have a place on harveys lake years ago when I was a kid. I love Grotto's pizza! Might have to grab a beer sometime!:toast:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.