6670R barder turbo

1st last59

Reaction score
A guy I work with says he has a 6670 with stainless piping and intercooler he bought straight from barder. My question is if I bought it would I still need the retrofit kit for my 12' since it has the piping. And how would this turbo do more for towing. My truck is a 2012 f350 Dually welding rig. I think I can come out like a bandit on the kit just want to know how it would do for my needs. Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
Need a pic of what is included to answer that.

The retro kit includes both uppipes, passenger side manifold, turbo pedestal, downpipe, intake manifold and a host of other gasket and hardware items.

1st last59

Reaction score
Whole kit or just some pieces of the stainless piping and possibly down pipe come with this setup he's got. Will it be good for towing. My truck weighs 10500 and my camper probably 17000.

sootie

Reaction score
Whole kit or just some pieces of the stainless piping and possibly down pipe come with this setup he's got. Will it be good for towing. My truck weighs 10500 and my camper probably 17000.

if you dont know what comes with the kit, and you dont have a pic to show us, how can we tell you what all you need? You need a retrofit kit to make a 15+ turbo work on an 11-14 truck. Depending on what piping he has, you may not need the lower intake manifold or the upper intake manifold. If he is giving you the down pipe then you may not need that. Regardless you will need manifold, uppipes and turbo pedestal.

My advice is a ***king crap shoot if we dont know what all you are getting.

Sure you can tow with it but it will need custom tuning and of course it will need race exhaust. Will be laggier than stock for sure.

1st last59

Reaction score
if you dont know what comes with the kit, and you dont have a pic to show us, how can we tell you what all you need? You need a retrofit kit to make a 15+ turbo work on an 11-14 truck. Depending on what piping he has, you may not need the lower intake manifold or the upper intake manifold. If he is giving you the down pipe then you may not need that. Regardless you will need manifold, uppipes and turbo pedestal.

My advice is a ***king crap shoot if we dont know what all you are getting.

Sure you can tow with it but it will need custom tuning and of course it will need race exhaust. Will be laggier than stock for sure.

I understand what u are saying. I'm just trying to get an idea if I even want to go forwards with trying to make a deal on this setup because we are in Arkansas and the parts are at his home in Pennsylvania. I already have a "race exhaust" as u say and a stage 2 no limit intake. From me reading other places it kinda sounds like more turbo than I need. Possibly get it and trade the turbo with someone that wants to upgrade from a towmax or a streetmax.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. This is what I was kinda figuring that I would need.

hit me up, i can get you the retro fit kit, but i would say that barder is not the first choice of a guy hauling that heavy .

1st last59

Reaction score
hit me up, i can get you the retro fit kit, but i would say that barder is not the first choice of a guy hauling that heavy .

Thanks. I'm probably gonna make the deal on this setup then try to trade down with someone that wants to trade up. Hopefully.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Haha, I've met a few guys with dually welding rigs pushing close to 1000whp. Gotta love the oilfield!

I believe it!

My buddy was a welder for years on the pipeline all across the U.S but mainly out west. His best friend and co-welder buddy has a 14' XLT CCLB SRW 350 with a built motor and trans and the other goodies and makes like 900WHP on some form of compounds.....it's nuts lol. It is a straight welding rig and doesnt race or sled pull or anything. Just a work rig and tows around an occasional trailer or their camper...lol

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I believe it!

My buddy was a welder for years on the pipeline all across the U.S but mainly out west. His best friend and co-welder buddy has a 14' XLT CCLB SRW 350 with a built motor and trans and the other goodies and makes like 900WHP on some form of compounds.....it's nuts lol. It is a straight welding rig and doesnt race or sled pull or anything. Just a work rig and tows around an occasional trailer or their camper...lol

Ahahaha, I love it!

Latest posts

Members online