P1780 6.4l

6.4lstroke33

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have been getting the p1780 code for my 6.4l. The truck was Idk felt like the tranny was slipping for a little bit whenever I got on her sometimes. But then the other day it downshifted while holding a steady pase and then I got a wrench code and then I lost all gears. It was saying a p1780 code and all the shift solenoids we're shut off. The truck starts fine and everything. But when i put it in gear it's like it's still in neautral. So i unplugged what I thought was the tcm fuse but was actually the ac clutch. And it would shut the code off and then the truck would go into gear for a few seconds, but whenever that happens I hear a weird high pitch like squeal like it's the pump or something. But after a few seconds the sound stops and then it goes back into natural while In gear. Anyone know what could be the problem? I just went and dropped 500 on a new tcm because I thought it was that and it wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6.4lstroke33

Reaction score
Oh, and the p1780 code is "transmission control module out of range"

nbdyspclk

Reaction score
New module or check wiring from ecm/ficm

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

6.4lstroke33

Reaction score
New module or check wiring from ecm/ficm

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Yeah, i just bought a new tcm. Put it in and was acting the same as the old one. I didn't flash it, but some people say if you in hook the battery sometimes the ecu will flash it for you. And if it doesn't work the truck won't start or go. But it went.

Latest posts

Members online