Intake Filter life

Reaction score
Just curious how long or how many miles y'all are getting out of oem filters? Motorcraft and puralator specifically. When I first bought my truck couple yrars ago never had an issue with sucking in filter minder, did a yearly replacement back in October and again couple months ago, and both allow the minder to suck in on heavy acceleration. I originally replaced with the puralator, but then swapped in new Motorcraft when that kept doing it, but this one does too. Kinda getting tired of the check air filter message.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Could be the spring getting weaker in the filter minder. Get a no limit and forget about restriction for evah!

Reaction score
Could be the spring getting weaker in the filter minder. Get a no limit and forget about restriction for evah!
Definitely in the works for future plans, but as far as restriction goes, I thought the general consensus for the 6.0s was that the factory intake was more than enough flow and unrestrictive for the amount of power stock injectors would ever produce. But this definitely moves the no limit intake further up on the to do list

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Not sure on general consensus but my own trucks have proved that wrong...

Zmann

Reaction score
i changed my first at 50k and for no reason

then at 90k for the same no reason LOL

the OEM has a long service life according to the maintenance schedule

and has a ridiculous dirt holding capabilities of several pounds

I would definitely suspect the filter minder
and make sure your using real blue Motorcraft Donaldson filters
filtration efficiency (99.99%) and flows (775 CFM @ 4.9" H20)

Latest posts

Members online