Schaeffers oil

Downey

Reaction score
Well I pulled my eng out to repair the head gaskets and some other issues I'm having. Thinking of switching to schaeffers oil. But not sure on a weight. Was thinking running the 9000 in 5w-40 or valvoline extreme blue 5w-40.

Suggestions? Other oils to use?

Thanks

Last edited:

webb06

Reaction score
We use the Schaeffers 9000 in our shop. Typically every service we do gets it. We run it in all of our personal trucks and equipment as well. Excellent oil would highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselpips

Reaction score
Definitely call Jimmy and talk to him for a minute. Even if you go with Schaeffers he is an oil knowledge guru. You'll have much great info to make your decision.

lincolnlocker, did you ever try the 8700? Just got some in my 6.0

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Definitely call Jimmy and talk to him for a minute. Even if you go with Schaeffers he is an oil knowledge guru. You'll have much great info to make your decision.

lincolnlocker, did you ever try the 8700? Just got some in my 6.0
no i have not.. ill be using it here at work in our machinery once my supply of chevron delo 400le that is still c4 rated runs out.. im kinda surprised that jim hasn't converted my dually to 8700 yet.. or any LE products for that matter.. lol.. he has had it for just about a year and not one fluid has been changed over.. he did put a sticker over the amsoil sticker i had on the back window though.. lmao!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dieselpips

Reaction score
no i have not.. ill be using it here at work in our machinery once my supply of chevron delo 400le that is still c4 rated runs out.. im kinda surprised that jim hasn't converted my dually to 8700 yet.. or any LE products for that matter.. lol.. he has had it for just about a year and not one fluid has been changed over.. he did put a sticker over the amsoil sticker i had on the back window though.. lmao!

The only part I don't like so far is the 8700 is honey colored not the "check me out red" I have grown to expect from le. Haha if that's my only issue I'd say I'll be alright.

Where's my sticker Jimmy?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The only part I don't like so far is the 8700 is honey colored not the "check me out red" I have grown to expect from le. Haha if that's my only issue I'd say I'll be alright.

lol.. yeah the 10w30 i have is honey color.. dont feel bad about the sticker, i have been waiting for months now.. lol

dieselpips

Reaction score
lol.. yeah the 10w30 i have is honey color.. dont feel bad about the sticker, i have been waiting for months now.. lol

Nah I couldn't feel bad. Jimmy has gone above and beyond helping me out. Super great dude, I gotta get out there and have some beers with him sometime.

Izzybird

Reaction score

The 5/30 was red, made me feel like I was pouring ATF in the crankcase.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah I gotta double check the label on the buckets to make sure cause I'm running his ATF as well.

i ***ed up yesterday and put 8730 in the 1150 jug.. half and half.. was in a hury and wasnt paying attention..

dieselpips

Reaction score
i ***ed up yesterday and put 8730 in the 1150 jug.. half and half.. was in a hury and wasnt paying attention..

Oops. I mixed what I had left of my 8800 with my 8700. So I guess it does have a little red in it. Haha

Latest posts

Members online