Where to buy a new or very high quality rebuilt ZF6?

euroford

Reaction score
A couple of years ago while driving from my wifes family's place in Fort Worth to back home near Boulder CO I blew up 5th gear (OD) while making the 15th full throttle pass on Highway 287 for the day.

After driving home in 4th I pulled the trans and did a partial rebuild, only replacing the broken parts. Otherwise things appeared good enough to be used again for now. I got it back together with a new SB DD superstreet clutch and it was running great.

This summer we towed our 20ft 14k car hauler with my wifes Escape on the back from our primary home here near Boulder CO to our second home/restoration project in Midland MI.

The OD gear made it to Indiana before it vanished from the shifter and again I finished a drive in 4th with the cruise set at 65mph.

Here in the next couple of weeks i'm going to drive one of our cars up to Michigan and then drive the truck and trailer back to CO so we can fix it and enjoy it in the mountains a bit before again heading back to MI.

My truck is pretty healthy, running 250/200 injectors a KC ball bearing turbo (I forget which one, the biggest one) and all of the supporting mods you'd expect with those injectors.

I don't feel like dealing with rebuilding my transmission myself again. I have a bunch of different projects and for now I just want it back up and running again.

Where does one purchase either a new or very well rebuilt ZF6 transmission?

The stock trans lasted until 340k miles, with about 80k on those bigger injectors, so I'm not sure upgrades are in order. No motorsports anymore, but i drive pretty fast, even with the camper in the bed and the jeep on the trailer in the mountains.

thanks!

LouHiddell

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I don't want to start a new one if I don't have to. I'm looking to do a manual zf6 swap and have been looking at all of my options as far as rebuilt/ remanned and new zf6's out there in the market. Who did you end up going with and what has been your experience over the last year? I had a friend recommend getting a remanned zf6 from these guys, https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=ZF6. The price seems to be really competitive and on the lower end but not sure how the quality is. Any advice would be appreciated

euroford

Reaction score
I did get my new transmission and new transfer case from Midwest. they were great to work with. I worked with both Dan and Scott, great guys i recomend them and would use them again. hopefully I don't need to!

Latest posts

Members online