Slow acceleration

Chucky765

Reaction score
Hello. I’m new to this but was curious. So my truck is a 99 f350 and it seems like it has a power band almost. It’s sluggish until 2000 rpms and when it hits there it seems fine. Well I ended up in plugging my map sensor and it seems to have woken up. Does anyone know what I should do from there? What it could possibly be? Maybe ebpv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Do you have a monitor or any way of looking at PIDs? The only way to be certain, and not play musical parts, is to check your operating values vs good known values. MAP, EBP, ICP, IPR and even Voltage are all important. Im not familiar with people unplugging MAP sensors but i assume the truck operated off some default valued. What led you to unplug MAP? The typical 7.3 unplug is ICP when people are having oil pressure concerns. We have lots of good information to share here. Give as much detail as possible and well take it from there.

Chucky765

Reaction score
I had monitored everything weeks ago. Everything did good. It idles Smooth. New icp and ipr also. New injectors too I’m about to go down and get a fuel gauge that’s about what it’s brought it down to be is possible fuel pressure problems.

Chucky765

Reaction score
Do you have a monitor or any way of looking at PIDs? The only way to be certain, and not play musical parts, is to check your operating values vs good known values. MAP, EBP, ICP, IPR and even Voltage are all important. Im not familiar with people unplugging MAP sensors but i assume the truck operated off some default valued. What led you to unplug MAP? The typical 7.3 unplug is ICP when people are having oil pressure concerns. We have lots of good information to share here. Give as much detail as possible and well take it from there.

So I tested fuel pressure. With new spring in the release valve on the return line it shows 82 psi and goes to 75 while at wot but still takes till about 2000 rpms to actually show power. I need to try and get ahold of someone to do tests on the icp pressure and Ipr %

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.