Sump Special

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
SCRATCH ALL THAT

Your right.. I had a brain fart. I was thinking hose barb.. 3/8 hose barb are only 1/4" inside and 1/2" hose barb is 3/8 inside... carry on. Dont mind me in the corner with the dunce cap on!

live life full throttle

I was gonna say haha. a -8 is pushing it to fit between the studs. Our fuel system is all -6 so we use a -6 outlet on them if you get the fuel system, but you could also get a 3/8 NPT to -8 fitting to go into the pre filter and run -8 from the sump to the pre filter.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'd be installing on an OBS rear tank. The only flat spot on the bottom is approx. 4". I'll have to measure to be sure.

Also, the npt is 3/8" and not 1/2"?
I have installed this sump on an OBS rear tank.

Jeremy,

Any pics of the sump installed on factory steel OBS rear tank?

Measured mine last night finally and the flat spot is 3.75" x 4.5".

LFDPvinny

Reaction score
IF the need ever arises for anyone to run two sumps you can put them pretty much anywhere in the tank. They will force angled or slopped surfaces to conform to the sump.

I am running two sumps on my wife's mega cab that I built for her and neither one of them leak. One sits in the flat spot bellow the sending unit and the other one is in the slopped section of the tank as close to the flat as I could get it.

I like these sumps here better than the ones I got but I didn't know about them until I saw this thread today.
2012-04-21_17-05-30_440.jpg

Last edited:

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
will -10 fit between the studs?

Here is a pic of the -8. I dont have any 3/8 npt to -10 to check, but you could swap the drain plug on the top out and put your outlet fitting there.

Physically a -10 hose end fits between the studs, but would would be able to get the nuts on with the 10 in i don't think. If you waited to put the fitting in til its installed, i dont think you would be able to turn it. I would just swap the drain plug and the outlet though.

oa7yn8.jpg

Latest posts

Members online