Boost gauge issue

Twoodz

Reaction score
Ok, 11 250 w 116k ...boost gauge is going crazy ...under 10 psi works great , over 10 , it will rise and drop and rise and drop . Holding pedal steady , not shifting ....worse w a load on it . Just replaced the vacuum boost thing by the thermostats housing . ... made a big difference in running , but gauge is still floating around , but not as bad . What to go to next ??

webb06

Reaction score
Ok, 11 250 w 116k ...boost gauge is going crazy ...under 10 psi works great , over 10 , it will rise and drop and rise and drop . Holding pedal steady , not shifting ....worse w a load on it . Just replaced the vacuum boost thing by the thermostats housing . ... made a big difference in running , but gauge is still floating around , but not as bad . What to go to next ??

Map sensor. Or if you have a way to monitor map voltage and see if it’s going wild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twoodz

Reaction score
Checked map sensor , cleaned it and was watching it on the scanner while driving ....when boost drops it drops . Thinking that there may be a boost leak ??? I also just got a p1249 code .

webb06

Reaction score
Checked map sensor , cleaned it and was watching it on the scanner while driving ....when boost drops it drops . Thinking that there may be a boost leak ??? I also just got a p1249 code .

Check the hot side cac pipe for crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online