Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-12-2020, 04:32 PM
Connor M's Avatar
Connor M Connor M is offline
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Masshole
Posts: 654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerstrokeBen View Post
Are you able to find emission compliant for 2020? I will need something as I purchased a lift and big tires.
Regear
__________________
2008 CCSB 6.4 Harley Davidson- PPEI Tuned, EZ Lynk, 4" Jamo Stainless Exhaust, Diet Coke, 35x12.5 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros- Down But Not Out
2008 CCLB 6.4 Lariat Land Yacht- H&S tuned, S&B intake, Diet Coke
2008 EC C&C F450 6.4 Work Truck- Build Loading
2003 RCLB 6.0 XLT- 260,000 miles, no name tunes, stock as can be
6.0 Dump Trucks- 350 and 450
VT365 Rollback
  #12  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:00 AM
ckrueg's Avatar
ckrueg ckrueg is offline
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Belding MI
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black AOD View Post
not available yet.



Even if it was, TCM tuning wouldn't be available and even if it was, you wouldn't want it. I bet it takes 1-2 years before TCM tuning is even getting done properly on that 10 speed. the 17-19 6R Trans tuning just finally got dialed in pretty good in 2019 for the most part.
TCM tuning is supported on HP tuners already and it is fairly similar to the 10r80 in mustangs and f150s. Now people will have to dial it in. Obviously different platforms but the logic is similar between them. I heard it was a different ECU so that will probably take some time.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
  #13  
Old 02-13-2020, 02:10 PM
PowerstrokeBen's Avatar
PowerstrokeBen PowerstrokeBen is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrueg View Post
TCM tuning is supported on HP tuners already and it is fairly similar to the 10r80 in mustangs and f150s. Now people will have to dial it in. Obviously different platforms but the logic is similar between them. I heard it was a different ECU so that will probably take some time.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
I'm expecting something half decent within a couple month but I won't hold my breath.
  #14  
Old 02-13-2020, 03:32 PM
superpsd's Avatar
superpsd superpsd is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Enumclaw WA
Posts: 1,885
Default

These 2020s have plenty of power as is. My F450 hauls ass. I rather leave my warranty intact. Why not just lift it and recalibrate the tire size and enjoy. Does your 350 have 3.55s or 4.10s?
__________________
2020 F450 STX CCLB 4x4
1997 F250 TVS Supercharged, S369, R&D IDI T4 mount, my 350/200s, Honey Badger SR, my tuning, bmw m3 seats, RSK TTB, Toyo M/T
1948 GMC pickup Detroit 453T
1951 Mack A51T
1916 Federal 1 1/2 Ton
  #15  
Old 02-14-2020, 06:31 AM
PowerstrokeBen's Avatar
PowerstrokeBen PowerstrokeBen is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpsd View Post
These 2020s have plenty of power as is. My F450 hauls ass. I rather leave my warranty intact. Why not just lift it and recalibrate the tire size and enjoy. Does your 350 have 3.55s or 4.10s?
3.55s
How do you re-calibrate the tire size?
Also the whole warranty void thing is a farce.
  #16  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:31 AM
Black AOD's Avatar
Black AOD Black AOD is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpsd View Post
These 2020s have plenty of power as is. My F450 hauls ass. I rather leave my warranty intact. Why not just lift it and recalibrate the tire size and enjoy. Does your 350 have 3.55s or 4.10s?
Totally Agree. I drove an 2020 F450 limited and was blown away at the stock power.
__________________
08' F350 6.4L EC/LB FX4 - long gone.

2017 F350 CCLB 6.7 SRW Platinum - WDI Built 6R, Exergy 10mm CP4, FASS 140gph, Taterbilt 6367 VGT, OUO & KING Suspension
  #17  
Old 02-14-2020, 07:47 PM
superpsd's Avatar
superpsd superpsd is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Enumclaw WA
Posts: 1,885
Thumbs down

Speedo calibration would likely need to by ford. Forscan can do it as well but the 2020 modules addressing has not been mapped out yet. What size of tire are you installing? Warranty claims seem to be situation to situation and dealer to dealer but if your power train is damaged and its been flashed they ha ve every right to deny responsibility. A 10R140 crate transmission is almost 6K from what I have read.
__________________
2020 F450 STX CCLB 4x4
1997 F250 TVS Supercharged, S369, R&D IDI T4 mount, my 350/200s, Honey Badger SR, my tuning, bmw m3 seats, RSK TTB, Toyo M/T
1948 GMC pickup Detroit 453T
1951 Mack A51T
1916 Federal 1 1/2 Ton

Last edited by superpsd; 02-14-2020 at 07:49 PM.
  #18  
Old 02-15-2020, 09:22 AM
Lt.Dan's Avatar
Lt.Dan Lt.Dan is offline
Sergeant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpsd View Post
A 10R140 crate transmission is almost 6K from what I have read.
Sounds pretty reasonable, considering the power handling and technology that goes into one. I'm sure no one wants to buy one though lol
__________________
1996 Cali F350 SRW CCFB, 7.3/E4OD, 2wd SAS w/ 386,000 miles, rebuilt at 352,250.
  #19  
Old 02-18-2020, 05:26 PM
PowerstrokeBen's Avatar
PowerstrokeBen PowerstrokeBen is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpsd View Post
Speedo calibration would likely need to by ford. Forscan can do it as well but the 2020 modules addressing has not been mapped out yet. What size of tire are you installing? Warranty claims seem to be situation to situation and dealer to dealer but if your power train is damaged and its been flashed they ha ve every right to deny responsibility. A 10R140 crate transmission is almost 6K from what I have read.
37x13.5r24! I already have them mounted and ready to go, just debating putting them on.




Last edited by Dzchey21; 02-20-2020 at 01:42 PM. Reason: removed pictures per OP's request
  #20  
Old 02-18-2020, 05:27 PM
PowerstrokeBen's Avatar
PowerstrokeBen PowerstrokeBen is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

HOLY why are those pics so big?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 PM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd