TTB shock upgrade

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
I know everyone is gonna jump on me and say SAS it... I don't want to or have a need to.

I have a 96 f250 4x4. I'm going to throw on a 2.5" leveling kit so the truck sits good. I'm NOT going to put on the rough country or tuff country shocks.

Anyone thrown on a set of bilstein, or fox shocks in a ttb? Should I just call those companies?

Attachments

• 20171015_152849.jpg
    20171015_152849.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

f350guy

Reaction score
Just did front end on the dually...it is TTB I guess. Runs with progressive rate coils and Bil HDs. Amazing difference. I had 5100s on the 4x4 6.4 I had and same deal, big difference.

Make sure the rest of the front end is tight, regardless of what you choose.

Rico

Reaction score
New shocks helped(Billstein) but still hard to drink coffee and not spill. Always entertains me when I have a coffee drinking passenger. :)

Reaction score
"I'm going to throw on a 2.5" leveling kit so the truck sits good"

The only way this is going to have positive effect on the ride is if it is bottoming out often now.

If it uses brackets and the stock springs it will ride the same or slightly better than stock. If it does anything to increase spring rate it will ride rougher (such as add a leaf or multi leaf positive arch spring.)

Not telling you can't or shouldn't do it, D60 is always the easy answer some folks are more creative (witness the man in this thread with a blower AND turbo on his 7.3....)

Latest posts

Members online