Sinister EGR Delete

Powerstroked

Reaction score
I would talk to your Friend and to the Oil Cooler drain Tube while you are there also Cheap insurance to insure proper turbo oil flow. The Down pipe hardware is the hardest part to this job.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Smut, you are correct the kit does come with exhaust bolts, but it only comes with four an now with me pulling the drivers side uppipe-manifold bolts I have pulled 6 all together.

Powerstroked, not really familiar with this mod, do I just add a drain tube to it or what lol? Thanks

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Got a q? What are the pros an cons of leaving egr valve in vs putting plate on? I fo not have a tuner fOr this pickup yet so if I decide to take it out it will be at least a week

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If its a 03 04 install the plate. No code will show. 05 and up leave the thing installed and remove layer

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
doesn't matter what you do. If you installed the new up-pipe with the kit you won't have exhaust gas flow over the valve anyway so it is still gonna trip the CEL. BTW truck will run fine with the light on, and you said you are picking up a tuner in a week anyway.

Powerstroked

Reaction score
The Oil Drain tube is an upgrade that ford has done over the stock turbo oil drain tube increasing its diameter and removing some of the odd kinks in the bends to allow for better oil return flow after shut down to prevent turbo baking. It is cheap insurance that is easy to do while you have the turbo out.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Ah ok, well when I went to the ford house today to pickup O rings and coolant the O rings for the oil drain tube came in a kit with a new drain pipe, didn't really think anything of it until I got to the shop and held them side by side, it was a little bigger like you say and the angles were a little different, so I did a mod and didn't even know I did it LOL

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Did it.really go.BOOM? you may of did someyhing wrong LOL

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Lol ya Kyle it was fun but not to terribly bad prolly because I had the uppipes unbolted from th manifolds, but I did fight with the V clamp for a good bitLOL, but I'd like to talk to whoever thought it was a good idea to put all those stupid heat shields back there, like one between the uppipe an down pipe, I do not understand. Just there to get in the way I guess.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Yea that one made me say lots of cuss words! And to make it even better I got it boted together and tightened up, and I look down beside me an laying there was the gasket that was supposed to go inbetween!!.. So I had to do it again lol

Latest posts

Members online