how fast should lube oil pressure rise? - lpop concerns after turbo failure

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Only if there’s s leak. Kind of like putting your finger on a straw and pulling liquid from a glass.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Shop air is really not a good test to test that gauge....air vs liquid. Air travels a whole lot quicker than fluid.

Jake (lincolnlocker) has a hatred towards Rotella.

At this point, I would send in an oil sample. Also, I would try an electrical type gauge. I use the AutoMeter Ford Factory match gauges.

Billy T.
[email protected]
Lol. True statement. I have had issues along with many others over the years that a simple oil brand change fixed vs spending lots of money on parts that haven't gone bad.

live life full throttle

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Maybe it's been asked, but is it maybe just that gauge is slow to read?

zj96sc

Reaction score
should mention, i put the gauge on another 7.3 and it came up just as slow. either the gauge or just the nature of a 7.3.

MeTo

Reaction score
Mine takes about a second. I just rebuilt mine and it took 21 seconds to prime the high volume LPOP and pressurize the oil galleries on 1st start. That was with the oil filter filled to the brim.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine takes about a second. I just rebuilt mine and it took 21 seconds to prime the high volume LPOP and pressurize the oil galleries on 1st start. That was with the oil filter filled to the brim.
Whoa... should have cranked it over a few times with batteries unhooked prior to doing that.

live life full throttle

MeTo

Reaction score
Whoa... should have cranked it over a few times with batteries unhooked prior to doing that.

live life full throttle
I was concerned about that too. The 1st crank was 5 seconds and no oil pressure. HPOP reservoir was then empty too. I was trying hard not to have a brain cramp.

I called the machinist and he chuckled. He told me there is more than enough assembly grease in their. Be more concerned about how hot your starter gets. He also stated they regularly see 15 to 60 second prime times.

If I had to do it over or in the future. I'm going to pre-oil it.

MeTo

Reaction score

live life full throttle

I was concerned about that too. The 1st crank was 5 seconds and no oil pressure. HPOP reservoir was then empty too. I was trying hard not to have a brain cramp.

I called the machinist and he chuckled. He told me there is more than enough assembly grease in their. Be more concerned about how hot your starter gets. He also stated they regularly see 15 to 60 second prime times.

If I had to do it over or in the future. I'm going to pre-oil it.

Latest posts

Members online