5R110 upgrades

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I am about to order the Gogo Diesel modified direct clutch solenoid and install it when I change my tranny fluid and filters. What else should I look into doing to the transmission to insure longevity?

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Talk to Doug. He'll tell you all you want to know. I'm not sure there's much else to do unless you get into a convertor and internals.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I've e-mailed Doug and havn't heard back yet (it is however a holiday weekend). I don't want to get too involved in the tranny, just wanna make sure it'll hold together for a while. I've spent a lot on the engine so far trying to take care of some of the stuff that can go wrong and would hate for the tranny to s*it the bed and leave me stranded. I don't tow heavy that often and don't race the truck. I do get into the peddle from time to time but nothing like drag strip stuff.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You have nothing to worry about. 5r's are very strong trannys.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
one thing is using the 08 or later pan which would allow you to remove the screen the factory put in and replace it with a actual filter. the filter currently on the truck is a bypass style and under the front pass fender. you will have to however get the pan from the 08+ trucks and i believe the bolts. the solenoid should help. i wouldnt go with a higher capacity pan though.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Worldwide73 is doing the 08' pan and filter upgrade. I've thought about it. I've got an 08' rear diff cover and bolts. I'll have to look into the 08' trans pan and filter too.

worldwide73

Reaction score
Yep just talked to doug and will be getting the solenoid soon. Got the fluid new pan and filter ready t install

Latest posts

Members online