Sinister EGR Delete

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I'm installing a sinister egr delete on a guys 6.0, I have very little experience working on a 6.0 so I will prolly have a few questions such as, how does the oil line feed to the turbo come off? I have taken the two bolts out if the top where it bolts to the turbo, and the one at the other end of the line and it doesn't act like it wants to come out, I don't want to get too rough with it an break it.

Corey,

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You unbolted it from the block? Its kinda stiff so try picking up the turbo and moving it around to get it unstuck. It will just take effort.

young7.3

Reaction score
After removing the bolts it should pull right off. There are orings in there that make it a tight fit. The oil drain is just held on by a oring too.After you remove the three bolts that hold the turbo to the pedistal,the up pipe and down pipe vband clamps, it should come right out.Disconnect the wire plug on the front too.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Ok thanks! I got the oil line off, the v clamps, off and three pedistal bolts out, an it moves and wiggled but won't come out, I don't see anything else attached to it, is there I special technic to get this thing out lol

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its not the easiest ting in the world with the weird angles ad its not light.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It surprised the heck out of me the first time i pulled my turbo. It looks so small all tucked away back there then it feels likes its 50lbs trying to yank it out. But good luck and if anything comes up just ask

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Man the uppipe bolt that is closest to firewall where the uppipe connects to the y pipe is a biscuit eater to get out lol, any good tips? An do I need to take the y pipe out to get the passenger side uppipe out or will I beable to leave it in?

genuineford

Reaction score
I was not able to get the bolts out of the manifold for my up pipe. They were too rusted in and I could not get any tools up there to get them off. I ended up cutting the end of the egr cooler off and welded it up then reinstalled it for the time being. I see you are from texas and probably will not have this issue. The salt up here really causes problems with stuff like that.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Yea bolts don't get too terribly bad like they do up your way, I just let em soak in some shaeffers Pentro 90 an then they come off fine:D I got the ones out that bolt to the exhaust manifold, they weren't bad at all jus takes a little patience but I'm used to those because they are pretty much the same spot same size bolt an nut that are on the 7.3 SDs so I'm used to em

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Man the uppipe bolt that is closest to firewall where the uppipe connects to the y pipe is a biscuit eater to get out lol, any good tips? An do I need to take the y pipe out to get the passenger side uppipe out or will I beable to leave it in?

I unbolted both sides from the manifolds and pulled the whole shebang up from the top. It is the easist thing to do. Then you can work with it a lot better to get the new up pipe in

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Ah good idea, that just means I'll prolly have to buy a couple of those high dollar exhaust bolts lol but would be much better than trying to fool with it like it is!

genuineford

Reaction score
Yeah I will be pulling the engine soon to do studs and all the other fun stuff so it will be getting the rest of the egr delete at that point.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Thanks Kyle I think it's going to work out fine:D Pulling the engine should be a fun project lol. I didn't even plan on getting to work on it until tomorrow so I just slowly kinda started today, I'll get after it a lot harder tomorrow. Oh do yal think I should Go ahead an replace all the O rings such as oil line that goes to turbo, etc?

genuineford

Reaction score
Thanks Kyle I think it's going to work out fine:D Pulling the engine should be a fun project lol. I didn't even plan on getting to work on it until tomorrow so I just slowly kinda started today, I'll get after it a lot harder tomorrow. Oh do yal think I should Go ahead an replace all the O rings such as oil line that goes to turbo, etc?

Yes replace all the O-rings if you don't you will probably end up with a leak like I did. I did not know I needed o-rings and I did the install on a weekend when I could not get parts.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I didnt replace o rings but it is in the best interest that you do. And why did you say you would need to buy high dollar exhaust bolts. Your delete should of came with some and i reused my old ones.

Latest posts

Members online