Asheville Engine Rebuilders?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Guys I offer rebuilt short and long blocks and my engine builder also ceramic coats in house.

I don't wide scale advertise because I don't want to get above what workload I can handle.

Primarily only tell forum members. If anyone is looking for something PM me.

AshevilleEngine.com

Reaction score
I got an 30 over short block with stage 2 cam from Asheville...only made is 6000 miles and 7 lifters were completely destroyed. yes he supplied lifters came in the short block. he blamed me for it and wouldn't cover it. Then proceeded to talk crap about me on his personal faebook page. "...trying to waste my money..." guess he didn't think I would see it. long story short the stage two cam they reground in house wasn't done properly. live and learn. built my out engine. all good now

I haven't been on here for a while so I had not seen the B.S. that some people have posted. I'm not going to quote every lie but I will state a few facts that will address some of the crap.
Fact #1. We do not sell any "bigger cams" and we do not "regrind our own cams." THINK about it...how can you possibly get a bigger cam by grinding a stock one?
Fact #2. We have a major cam manufacturer build us a brand new stage 2 cam ground to the specifications that we give them. Our stage 2 cam is a smaller profile than a stock cam. In most instances in which there is valve contact with pistons, it's from running a high rev tune or manually shifting outside of the normal parameters which results in high RPMs.
Facts, Facts, and more facts. I really don't like it when people lie and make crap up like the guy that I quoted who runs a little repair shop out of mom's and dad's garage.
This fool sent me a picture his low pressure oil pump that shattered on 12/27/16 telling me that his "crank got a little messed up" asking me if it might be O.K. He purchased the short block on 6/10/16 and installed his own LPOP.
4/3/17 - He called me to tell me that he lost a lifter in the short block that we shipped him but I remembered seeing a post on his facebook page the day before where he was trying to sell him truck, BRAGGING about the new Asheville Engine with 6,000 miles that was in it. In that for sale post he states "I don't want to sell it but it's time to start another build."
4/5/17 - I sent him an email starting a Warranty Claim #061016-040317. (these two numbers are the date purchased and the date a problem was first reported). In that email, I gave him shipping instructions and two different freight brokers that he could call to arrange the shipping. I also reminded him of the post that he had on facebook where he was trying to sell his truck. I told him that we stamp every major component of every engine we build so we know if it's the one we built.
4/25/17 - I sent the EIGHT email requesting that he confirm with us when he ships the short block back for Warranty Repair or Replacement.
I never heard from the guy again because he was trying to pull some **** hoping that we would just send him another short block for his "new project."
I tried to attach a screen shot of his for sale add on facebook so that you guys have PROOF of what I say because some people lie.
If one of you guys knows how to do that, I'll gladly send you the picture. If you can do that for me, please send me an email request at [email protected]. If you want a copy of the 12 emails with pictures, I'd be happy to supply those also.

Latest posts

Members online