Early 99 7.3 who has the best chip/tunes

dragn91

Reaction score
I just picked up a cheap e99 f250 it will be used mainly as a daily and weekend tow pig. It's a beater ex city truck 2wd. It had bad turbo I'm replacing the turbo with another e99 turbo and ordered high flow fuel fittings and banjo bolts an frx an hpx and installed a 6637 filter. I'm going to just do a muffler and cat ****** for now but I was wondering what chip or tuner I should get. I have heard mixed reviews about the e99 pcm and if I should swap it for a later one because of trans shift issues? Somebody school me on the e99 tunes if I can get a dp or ts chip and not swap my pcm I'll be happy.

Reaction score
The E-99 PCM is very limited on available tables. Well worth the money switching over. Honestly there are only a few tuners that even have the mdf files for the auto. Most everyone will tell you they don't support that PCM. I know I don't ever plan to as it's just not worth it. Go buy a later dpc-422 pcm and go on with life. Then buy a Hydra like stated above and go with a reputable tuner. GH, Jelli Built, 1023, SDK, Elevated Calibrations. They are all great.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No need to waist your money and time on the "high flow" fitings and banjo bolts either. Unless you are going for over 600hp and even then it wont make a huge difference.. just make sure fuel pressure stays around 60psi and leave it alone.

live life full throttle

DieselDC

Reaction score
No need to waist your money and time on the "high flow" fitings and banjo bolts either. Unless you are going for over 600hp and even then it wont make a huge difference.. just make sure fuel pressure stays around 60psi and leave it alone.

live life full throttle

WHS!

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

dragn91

Reaction score
So will the dcp-422 run my truck without the tuner installed or would I have to get it flashed to work with the e99? Thanks for all the feedback.

Arisley

Reaction score
It will work, you will get soft codes for AIH. It should also make your cruise control light work.

Tony Wildman supports early '99 tunes, on the early '99 PCM.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.